Windows 7 Windows 7 CPU usage meter problem

Which program is using the most amount of memory

Click on the Memory column until it shows which program id the resource hog

You can drag the edges of Task Manager to make it easier to make it easier to see tha whole picture.

My computer is running very normal but my CPU usage meter is stuck 100%. What is the problem:confused:?

The gadget or the graph when you press ctrl + shift + escape and look under performance? I just don't think it's really stuck at 100%.. AND "running very normal." Sounds like something is messing with the gadget.

The gadget or the graph when you press ctrl + shift + escape and look under performance? I just don't think it's really stuck at 100%.. AND "running very normal." Sounds like something is messing with the gadget.

I am posting two pics to let you understand my problem

Link Removed - Invalid URL

photo.php

Which program is using the most amount of memory

Click on the Memory column until it shows which program id the resource hog

You can drag the edges of Task Manager to make it easier to make it easier to see tha whole picture.

To understand my problem

Nice car man :eek:

I agree, you have a strange situation, the only thing I found was a lengthy discussion where everyone was convinced the guy with this same problem just had too many programs open and probably one that was misbehaving.

Perhaps you can take a look at my processes image and try to find where your System Idle processes are not showing... your total processes appear to add up to only 2% taken by firefox... therefore you should have System Idle.... that's what is left over... at 98%

On the bottom of that window click "show processes from all users", take a screenie and please repost.

I was confused because I did have the box checked... then I realized you weren't talking to me. Good catch though. I didn't notice he didn't have the box checked. Maybe it will show what's eating the cpu.

On another, unrelated subject, I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw your tagline. I'll explain.... I'm working on a screenplay for a movie... and I was writing a scene just last night and ... well maybe you'll see..

My character had jumped bail and looked up an old girlfriend from college to hide him out... here is the dialogue.... it's still the first draught so it's got to be cleaned up.. but without further ado... here it is:

susan: What are your plans? What are you going to do next?
me: hang out with you for a while, do some research on the Internet and
try to figure a way out of this
susan: ummm, I don't think so
me: come on, why not? where is your sense of adventure?
susan: Adventure? I'll tell you why not... either you are crazy or
insane either way you are hot.
me: well I know I'm "hot" ... in more ways than one... but I'm neither crazy or insane.
susan: I think it would be foolish to get involved with you
me: Well I don't want to do it but looks like I'm going to have to
call in a favor
susan: what favor? I don't owe you anything
me: you forgot, i left you with my apartment, all my stuff and rent paid for
a couple months
susan: I didn't ask for any of that and I already had a room in the dorm
me: and now I need shelter and you have decided to kick me to the curb
susan: you may have over $100,000 dollars, you can live in the
presidents suit, right here at the Holiday Inn for years.
me: well maybe 3 years, I think that room is about $1,000 per night
susan: you know what they say, you can't take it with you. if you lived
in the presidents suit I may even come to visit.
me: I'm sure you would, and my min-bar bill would be over $200 every day.
susan: I don't drink much.
me: you were more fun that night you were drinking and came over to my apartment
susan: I'm still fun
me: and I'm living in a van, cold and uncomfortable, peeing in a milk jug and
washing up in a sink at MacDonald's.
susan: by choice
me: I can't check in there, even if I wanted to, I don't have ID and
I risk getting caught and going back to jail.
susan: you would have a bed and toilet in jail
me: I'm not laughing
susan: ok, ok, ok, you can come spend a few days with me.
me: i thought you would never ask, what about your boyfriend
susan: I'll tell him you are my adopted brother
me: I see that I'm not the only one who can open their mouth and
the bs starts flying freely.
susan: do you think you can follow me without a meteorite falling
on us on the way to my apartment?
me: if you wish upon a star...

Yes, it Firefox alright.

I'd suggest you go to Start > Run, and type msconfig and uncheck all boxes except for your anti-virus software, spyware detector, and personal firewall if you have one,.

On the bottom of that window click "show processes from all users", take a screenie and please repost.

Here is the screen shot with show process from all users:

What are these in Red? but something is strange the computer still runs normally with no trouble at all:confused:

Ahhh.... you are running Folding at Home, the reason your system runs good is because it uses free cpu cycles, so whey your applications need your cpu, it give it up to them.

Folding at Home Core program. Uses your spare CPU cycles to run computations on protein folding. Basically links computers from around the world into a giant supercompter to study Protein folding. This is a goog thing! It is not a virus or trojan.

Folks that say that it eats all the CPU time just have not configured it correctly! Set it to run during screen saver only. It's all for a good cause. Keep up the good work. Oh and give me a rep! grin

So you've got Folding @ Home installed? Your not the only one plagued with that problem. try this,,, go into run>msconfig >and uncheck the folding@home entries. please repost with results

Back