Downloaded from the Microsoft www.
Burn ISO on DVD.
Change BIOS setting - boot from cd:

dsc_2537.jpg

OK, now, the installer copies the files to start the installation process:

dsc_2540.jpg

When you are finished copying, the installer starts:

dsc_2543.jpg

After 10 seconds from the appearance of the logos installer finishes nice crash:

dsc_2546.jpg

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4300, 1800 MHz (9 x 200)
Asus P5VD2-MX + latest BIOS version 1017
VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8201CL/CP) PCI
Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL PPP
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533
nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (Gigabyte GV-NX85T)
Analog Devices AD1986A @ VIA VT8237A High Definition Audio Controller
Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H12L
Screen: Sony 210ES
Printer: Lexmark E120
Keyboard & Mouse - standard USB

Can anyone help me, please?

I try to install new RC Windows 7
Windows 7 RC 7100.0.090421-1700 x86 Ultimate EN.iso
But I can`t
Downloaded from the Microsoft www.
Burn ISO on DVD.
Change BIOS setting - boot from cd:

dsc_2537.jpg

OK, now, the installer copies the files to start the installation process:

dsc_2540.jpg

When you are finished copying, the installer starts:

dsc_2543.jpg

After 10 seconds from the appearance of the logos installer finishes nice crash:

dsc_2546.jpg

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4300, 1800 MHz (9 x 200)
Asus P5VD2-MX + latest BIOS version 1017
VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8201CL/CP) PCI
Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL PPP
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533
nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (Gigabyte GV-NX85T)
Analog Devices AD1986A @ VIA VT8237A High Definition Audio Controller
Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H12L
Screen: Sony 210ES
Printer: Lexmark E120
Keyboard & Mouse - standard USB

Can anyone help me, please?
Hi Arcy,

Thank you for providing the hardware SPECS , the sequence of events leading up to the STOP ERROR documented with screen images. I have one question about the Installation pathway you had chosen, and after I get that answer I will try to give my best guess on what must be going on and how I would proceed to the next step under the present hardware and software environment in getting the problem resolved.
Since you had the Win 7 7000 Beta-1 before you went for Win 7 7100 RC on this system ( per your SPECS) did you choose the Custom Installation or Upgrade Installation path?
I will await your response.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply :)

This is a new installation. I don`t have any Beta Win 7 before.
On this disk i have orginal Windows XP Home SP3 but i don`t want update.
I agree for format c: and install new Windows 7 RC.

I launched the Windows 7 installation in safe mode - crashes when try to load
windows/system32/DRIVERS/disk.sys

I check my HDD chkdsk - it`s all OK.
Disconnected everything except the screen, keyboard and mouse, including internal Card reader.
To be sure I recorded a second DVD with a minimum speed and verification of data. The record is OK.
In the Microsoft Virtual iso image is installed and win7 work correctly.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply :)

This is a new installation. I don`t have any Beta Win 7 before.
On this disk i have orginal Windows XP Home SP3 but i don`t want update.
I agree for format c: and install new Windows 7 RC.

I launched the Windows 7 installation in safe mode - crashes when try to load

I check my HDD chkdsk - it`s all OK.
Disconnected everything except the screen, keyboard and mouse, including internal Card reader.
To be sure I recorded a second DVD with a minimum speed and verification of data. The record is OK.
In the Microsoft Virtual iso image is installed and win7 work correctly.

I got the Operating System information from the SPECS in your drop-down menu by the side of your Forum login name in the original post. A second look now shows it is RC 7100! Did I misread then? Did you edit that later?

Am I correct if I understood you in your current post as saying:
  • You installed Windows 7 7100 RC on a new partition on a hard disk with a normally functioning Windows XP Pro SP3 installed on a different partition.
  • You made sure you had only minimum hardware during Win 7 RC installation namely :KBD, Mouse and Monitor and removed from the system all USB devices including the internal Memory Card Reader.
  • Toward the final stage of Win RC installation, when the system was trying to boot into the desktop, the screen turned blue and showed the STOP ERROR : "0x00000124"message
  • Therefore during the reboot you launched Safe Mode but it crashed while trying to load
Quote:
windows/system32/DRIVERS/disk.sys

. You therefore decided to check the hard disk file system integrity. and the Chkdsk reported the HDD is OK

I thought the original STOP ERROR could be from a bad Video card driver and you could boot into safe mode and install a downloaded latest VISTA driver for your Video card.

But if it crashes even in safe mode with the Disk.sys error I am confused as to what must be your next option. You have ruled our hard disk file system prob.
Could there be a Hard disk Controller issue?
Is your MoB BIOS the latest: P5VD2-MX BIOS version 1012 ?
Do you think login into Win XP and upgrading BIOS would help?

Welcome and big thank you for your help :)

I have latest MoB BIOS version 1017 for P5VD2-MX.
Some people argue that the downgrade BIOS to version 1012 has helped, but I do not dare carry out such an operation like that ;)

The problem half solved. What did I do to install Windows 7
- removed GForce graphics card nvidia 8500 GT with a PCI slot
- plug my screen for an integrated graphics card on the motherboard
- i launched the Windows installation disc 7. The installer ran correctly (without BSOD), the system was installed and running.

Is only a problem that I can not put my 8500 GT to the slot, as the take-off systems BSOD appears. Currently BSOD appears only to put the graphics card slot PCI.
The system operates with 64 MB integrated graphics card
At Microsoft, there is still no solution - BSOD 7 RC

What kind of impossible to work with, but you can see artifacts even when playing video. For all those who choose - no product graphic effects, no Areo.

There is no way to install an external graphics card. There is no fix.

As wrote Ronnie Vernon (MVP - Microsoft Forum):
Don't get me wrong, every single user who takes the time to help test Windows 7 is critically important to Microsoft. But testing a beta can be a frustrating experience at times, even for the most patient users.

I will follow if have any solution. If not, restore the XP partition from an image and wait for a stable version of Windows 7 :)

Best regards :)

Welcome and big thank you for your help :)

I have latest MoB BIOS version 1017 for P5VD2-MX.
Some people argue that the downgrade BIOS to version 1012 has helped, but I do not dare carry out such an operation like that ;)

The problem half solved. What did I do to install Windows 7
- removed GForce graphics card nvidia 8500 GT with a PCI slot
- plug my screen for an integrated graphics card on the motherboard
- i launched the Windows installation disc 7. The installer ran correctly (without BSOD), the system was installed and running.

Is only a problem that I can not put my 8500 GT to the slot, as the take-off systems BSOD appears. Currently BSOD appears only to put the graphics card slot PCI.
The system operates with 64 MB integrated graphics card
At Microsoft, there is still no solution - BSOD 7 RC

What kind of impossible to work with, but you can see artifacts even when playing video. For all those who choose - no product graphic effects, no Areo.

There is no way to install an external graphics card. There is no fix.

As wrote Ronnie Vernon (MVP - Microsoft Forum):

I will follow if have any solution. If not, restore the XP partition from an image and wait for a stable version of Windows 7 :)

Best regards :)

Thank you for your follow up. I am glad you figured out the problem and solved it at least partially. I don't know if I deserve any mention in your success. I was just thinking aloud imagining myself to be in your situation facing the same issue with the same Hardware and software milieu. I like challenges and don't feel frustrated with the complexity of the issue as there is a certain amount of "high" one gets from a difficult intellectual exercise especially if it leads to the resolution of the problem you have or someone else is struggling to solve. In a Forum like this, a well documented troubleshoot leaves valuable clues for someone else having the same or similar problems and that is our contribution for using the free venue provided by this Forum for exchanging ideas with individuals known only by their login names. :)

As to the issue of your PCIE Videocard and BSOD, I hope MS incorporates the right driver in the system Disc and installs it before it makes the final entrance to the desktop to avoid the crash. I have not tried any slipstreaming with the new OS yet and that might be another option if you feel adventurous:)

Exact Same Issue - Resolved

I tried everthing and eventually discovered this Nvidia driver set - 190.38_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.exe

Fixed.

Different types of RAM have also caused this problem

What I ended up doing is yanking all but one stick of RAM. I then got a blue screen and tryed another. The second time it worked. For whatever reason, win 7 didn't like one brand (AMP) of RAM at installation, however once installed I was able to put that "defective" stick back in. Go figure....

another case - another solution

In short: in a similar case, http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...nstallation-freezes-stop-error.html#post70603
the freeze right at the beginning was caused by a BIOS setting in my nForce4 SLI-based Asus A8M Deluxe motherboard. In the memory section, there are two entries:
S/W DRAM Over 4GB Remapping and
H/W DRAM Over 4GB Remapping
I had them enabled during my struggles, and three operating systems (including Vista) worked properly.
H/W DRAM Over 4GB Remapping has to be Disabled and then the installation reacher the point with the colorful balls appearing and then the installation completed successfully.
Memtest86 still ran fine.

Back