Windows 7 Windows 7 crashes while playing a game!

msd92

Hey all, i bought a new HP computer 1 month ago, with Windows Vista on it. I then made a clean install with Windows 7 Upgrade.

SO as the topic says, each time i start a Game on Windows 7 and play for a while, it then starts to freeze and pixelate.
I can still hear the sound from the game in about 5 seconds but after that even my computer screen goes black.. The computer is still on it seems, but nothing is really happening! So i manually need to turn it off by holding in the power button. It then ask's me if i want to run in Safe Mode (Which i don't). It doesn't make a difference if i run my games with "XP Mode SP2", and all my NVidia drivers are up to date.

When it's not crashing, it works just fine and it's a very fast and good computer. Any ideas why this is happening?

What games or games are you playing?

Maybe it would be worth while and Google search the game in question for bugs with Win 7?

or check with the manufacturer of the game for any updates because of Win 7.

D.

Well I'm going to write a little guide for people who have problems with running games in windows 7 later today so maybe the content will help you, try to install direct x 9.0c from the microsoft website first, maybe that helps, otherwise you should reinstall win 7. I will post the guide soon, so if that doesn't work the guide might help you.

Or you can check the windows compatibility center. Windows Compatibility Center

Installing DX9 on Windows 7 is pointless and a waste of time and effort. If you had actually read anything about DX11 you would know that it does DX9 and DX10 natively, without emulation.

Installing DX9 on Windows 7 is pointless and a waste of time and effort. If you had actually read anything about DX11 you would know that it does DX9 and DX10 natively, without emulation.

Well I don't really agree with you on that.
It's true that direct x 9.0c and direct x 10 are for a part in direct x 11, but as allways, certain direct x files are not. So installing the latest update of the older direct x is allways a good way to make sure you have all the latest direct x files.

And if you think that is not the case, why do you think some people have missing files...

Back