Windows 7 do not keep Username's "password" when Log In somewhere!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by Jungleyes, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Jungleyes

Jungleyes New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    After upgrading to Windows 7 64bit after Vista Home Premium 32bit, every single time I visit a site, forum etc...where I have to type in my Username and Password, unfortunately Windows 7 OS does not hold in memory the Username, at least, which in many sites is my e-mail (quite long) and so I have to retype it again any single time! It is very frustrating and time consuming! I haven't touched anything in IE8 or Mozilla settings in Internet Options! It should keep the username as Vista & XP did!
    Is any fix of this bug? I just installed Windows 7 and my computer is brand new!
    Thank you in advance!
  2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Jul 7, 2009

Username and password not remembered

Password Manager settings

Firefox will remember passwords by default. You may have disabled this feature, or told Firefox to never remember passwords for a particular site.

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on theToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select
      Options...Preferences... .​
    2. Select the Security panel.
    3. If it isn't already check marked, check Remember passwords for sites.
    4. To the right of Remember passwords for sites, click the Exceptions... button .
    5. Make sure that the site you're trying to log in to isn't in the list.
      • If it is, select the entry and click Remove.
    6. Click Close .​
    7. Click OK to close the Options window​

Now that you've configured Firefox to remember passwords, try logging in to the site again.

For IE8:

Tools > internet options > Advanced > Reset - a chance it'll help.

For both FF and IE8 x32, try RoboForm Password Manager Supported Browsers