Windows 7 Windows 7 does not recognize my CD/DVDW

zjimbur

For some reason Windows 7 Home Premium has decided not to recognize my CD/DVDW drive? It was fine yesterday but today not. The driver is up to date per the fix it tool. Anyone know what I should try next? I have a basic understanding of the computer, but am not expert by a long shot. Thanks.:razz:

Try going to control panel, device manager, identifying the drive in the hardware list and removing it. Reboot and see if Windows picks it up and reinstalls.

It's not listed at all? How are you establishing that the driver is upto date?

lWhen I checked it earlier this morning on device manager in a list format the driver for the CD/DVDW was there. However, after I received your email, and checked again, there it is not listed at all. Most confusing.

There is always the infamous UpperFilters or LowerFilters fix found on this Microsoft Website.

If the troubleshooter for Windows 7, first recommendation, does not work, check your registry for the UpperFilters or LowerFilters mentioned on the page.

If that is not the case, open the Computer dialog window. Watch the listed drives and open the tray on the DVD. If it shows up at all, you may need a firmware update. It would be strange for this to be the case, since the drive has been working in Windows 7.

Of course, there may be a chance of the bad connection.

Back