Windows 7 Windows 7 does not show full hard drive size

manib19

It shows that my hard drive is 40gigs which is already almost full. I just recently installed Windows 7 after formatting my C drive. It is also not showing another my recovery drive which I also used for saving. The other drive, I can't find at all.

Please see screen-shot to see what I'm talking about.

You could try:
go into any folder, press ALT, a second menu appears on top, goto tools, folder options, view, uncheck 'hide empty drives in computer folder'.
don't know what the meaning of this feature is anyway but maybe something happen to your other partition and thats why it is hidden because it is empty.

just a guess

It shows that my hard drive is 40gigs which is already almost full. I just recently installed Windows 7 after formatting my C drive. It is also not showing another my recovery drive which I also used for saving. The other drive, I can't find at all.

Please see screen-shot to see what I'm talking about.

you need to assign a drive letter to the drive for win 7 to recognize the unused partition, to do this right clikc my computer select "manage" then bottom left is "disk management" , aasign a drive letter and reeboot :cool:

Thanks for the help Ickymay. I assigned a letter to it and instantly, I can now see the other partition as another drive. I guess I'll start saving my stuff here.

Thanks for the help guys!!:)

you need to assign a drive letter to the drive for win 7 to recognize the unused partition, to do this right clikc my computer select "manage" then bottom left is "disk management" , aasign a drive letter and reeboot :cool:

YOU ARE VERY GOOD YOU HELPED ME SO MANY TIMES THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Awww thnx It's good to hear Ive helped may you have many happy hours computing :bee:

hi ,, iam having a problem that,, i got a mail ,,i downloaded the attachment but it was containg a trojan viruse ,,,,,how ever my antivirus removed it ,,but instead of that with in 15 min my system got affected,,,it affected the drive where my all data wad there that is drive d full of 146 gb,, then window got corrupted,,,& i had to install a fresh copy of window in drive c...
now drive d is showing it is full but when i trying to open it it says empty ,,plz help out ,,as i have very imp thing in it..

hi ,, iam having a problem that,, i got a mail ,,i downloaded the attachment but it was containg a trojan viruse ,,,,,how ever my antivirus removed it ,,but instead of that with in 15 min my system got affected,,,it affected the drive where my all data wad there that is drive d full of 146 gb,, then window got corrupted,,,& i had to install a fresh copy of window in drive c...
now drive d is showing it is full but when i trying to open it it says empty ,,plz help out ,,as i have very imp thing in it..

my first thoughts are that the malware has damaged the file structure so badly that windows no longer recognizes it , this isnt great news but it doesn't necessarily mean you have lost the data and it may still be recoverable ?

If you aren't confident about the next steps then get help from a local expert, but i suggest find a recovery tool and download and run it to rescue your data onto a flash drive , external drive , network drive or other pc , But make sure the files are scanned thoroughly to be certain you don't transport any malware ?

I recommend free power data recovery

let us know how it goes :andwhat:

I have just bought a new computer with windows 7 on it, & a sata hard drive & it is only showing 127Gb size of a 500Gb Hard Drive. How do I fix this?

It is also showing I have two CD Roms, D & E, when I only have one. I have ripped a couple of music CD's & only 'D' shows any info & from My Computer only right clicking 'D' Eject actually ejects the disk, 'E' does nothing? Any reason for this& can I remove it from showing?

I have just bought a new computer with windows 7 on it, & a sata hard drive & it is only showing 127Gb size of a 500Gb Hard Drive. How do I fix this?

It is also showing I have two CD Roms, D & E, when I only have one. I have ripped a couple of music CD's & only 'D' shows any info & from My Computer only right clicking 'D' Eject actually ejects the disk, 'E' does nothing? Any reason for this& can I remove it from showing?
please can you right click computer and select manage then select disk management and post a screenshot showing all the details of your drives.

with the second DVD drive do you know if you have a virtual drive program installed such as "virtual clone drive"

when you right click properties of the drive does it chow as an "Elby Clonedrive SCSI CdRom Device" ?

Back
Top Bottom