Windows 7 doesn't stay connected to the Web..

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by barkins, Nov 2, 2009.

1. barkins

barkins New Member

I have the nForce 650i SLI Ethernet and it's not staying connected to the internet after restarting/sleep mode the computer.

I have to disable and enable the driver in Device Manager to get it to work again. I have the latest drivers (15.51).

Anyone know what to do? :confused:

2. tblount

tblount New Member

Try rebooting your router if you have one. Something in win 7 causes routers to malfunction.

Also uncheck RAC under Scheduled tasks and see if that helps.

And look in your Administrative log under Event Viewer / custom for tips.

3. gavin19

gavin19 New Member

Try going to the adapter in Device Manager and right-click it. go to Properties and then the 'Power Management' tab. Untick the box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. Hopefully that helps :)

4. barkins

barkins New Member

I tried all of those things and as predicted after shutting off my computer and turning it back on, Windows 7 did not connect to the internet and the only way to connect it is to disable and enable the driver...

5. oneextraid

oneextraid Banned

Also, disable IPV6. I have problems with my old router that go away when I disabled IPV6.

6. timmax

timmax New Member

Same internet connection dropping problem

I have had the same problem with my internet connection dropping every 5 minutes with Win7 Ultimate. I have updated drivers and firmware for my EVGA 680i and Linksys router and nothing helps. I just decided to go back to Win7 RC1, since that seems to be working perfect. Microsoft messed up some where and I hope enough people complain, so they will release a patch.

#6 timmax, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009