Windows 7 Windows 7 Fails to install, "Windows cannot install required files"

ALiShaikh

I burned the image I downloaded to a DVD at 16x(Nero Express Default). Then I made a 20GB partition using the one already found in Vista. When I boot from the DVD, it takes 10minutes to go the Select region and language screen. Then another 5 after that to press next. Then I select the partition I made in Vista(NTFS) and then it does "Copying new files" in like one second, then after a couple minutes it gives me that error. I tried many times, same thing. Please help, I'm confused as to why this is happening.

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart in the installation. Error code: 0x8007045D"

This means that either while downloading the iso or burning it to the disc some data from it was lost? Please try to redownload it again and reinstall it.

I had that issue during my first installation.

Turns out my iso burned with an error on it.

Burned it again and verified it, and that installation worked perfect.

Hope that helps.

Hey everyone, I had this same issue when I tried to install Windows 7. I burned the same image again using Nero, but this time told it to verify the content after burning. It took quite a bit longer, but the verification was successful and I installed without a hitch on my second try.

For what it's worth, I had a HP dvd740b drive, and needed to perform a firmware update on it before it would correctly burn an image to DVD. If you are having problems, you may want to try updating your drive's firmware.

Good luck!

I heard somewhere not to use Nero to burn the ISO file because Nero does not handle large files well so you could be missing files, try ImgBurn at ImgBurn.com it's a free download and use the x1 burn rate option onto a fresh DVD disc and try again. Hope this helps.

Yeah I actually tried using ImgBurn because of the issues I was having with Nero, but that seemed no better. I will say, however, that I was originally burning at 16x and got an error immediately; then I tried 8x, and got almost 50% complete before getting an error. Then I tried Nero, which I noticed was pegged at 4x. It seems likely that if I had set ImgBurn at 4x it would have worked fine.

Anyway, yeah ImgBurn is free, lightweight, and does what it says. Definitely don't spend money on something like Nero to burn this image; I only used it because it came bundled with my DVD drive.

MagicISO is a great program for burning ISOs, haven't made a coaster yet in any OS with any size file.

As for the problems, try burning the disk on 4x, you'll get less errors.

I used Image Burn and still had some problems. After slowing my burn speed to 1x and trying 3 different media's I finally got it work. It does not like TDK but it loved Phillips DVD+Rs.

For this sort of testing I'd recommend using DVD +RW (the Read write versions). That way you can re-burn again if there are any problems. I use these also for saving Virtual Machine images and various copies of Windows 7 installs while testing. This way I don't need 100's of discs.

You can re-use the +RW stuff quite a lot -- if your burner can do it DVD-RAM is also OK --can re-write up to 300,000 times but these are a bit more expensive.

DVD +RW's aren't that much more expensive and work fine at 4X write. Forget the DVD-RW stuff.

Nero (at least the versions I'm using - 6 and 7) doesn't have any problems burning ISO's of < 4.7 GB.

Cheers
jimbo

Nero

I agree with you jim about Nero...works fine for me..(Nero 6 on a NEC DVD/RW). I' curious about the finalization though. Dont some drives have issues with DVDs not being finalized as would be the case with a DVD/RW?

iso

I had W7 disk from MS and it is failing same . Any brief details to create a new CD from download file ??

Hey everyone, I had this same issue when I tried to install Windows 7. I burned the same image again using Nero, but this time told it to verify the content after burning. It took quite a bit longer, but the verification was successful and I installed without a hitch on my second try.

For what it's worth, I had a HP dvd740b drive, and needed to perform a firmware update on it before it would correctly burn an image to DVD. If you are having problems, you may want to try updating your drive's firmware.

Good luck!

iso

Hey tom.wall, I am assuming the your "download file" is a .ISO, which is a disc image file format.

To burn that image to a CD (well, a DVD in this case, since the file is over 2 GB), you'll need a tool like ImgBurn: The Official ImgBurn Website

You can also pay for programs like Nero, but ImgBurn is free and should work fine as long as you have a DVD burner.

Hi, have you tried do burn an iso with the one that comes with windows 7? you need to go into the windows player options it has slow medium and Hi not 3x and so on.

Last edited:
Same error , SATA USB Problems?

i don't think its a burning error.
has to be a hardware problem.
and more closely to something to do with USB and SATA problems.

why?

I have used the same CD to install on my other computer and it installed with no problems.
then i use it on another computer with same Motherboard and CPU specs but the only difference are the hard drives that are being used.

also i have notices that normally i get the error like around 30ish. percent

but if i leave it running and move my mouse before the 30percent mark.. the error pops up.
meaning the usb mouse movement can trigger the problem.???

that is why i think it has something todo with those two things. or one that leads to the other.
also i have a sata and ide hard drive my SAta is the one for the installation,
my IDE is storage. i have also notice sometime my IDE drive causes problems on installations of windows.
so i have to disconnected for the instalation process. then reconnect one it installs.. and works fine. but it doesn't work on this.

leaving me to think its a sata driver problem. i didn't have this problem with the beta installation, so they might of changed something on this RC.

Last edited:
other things i tried.

I have changed the DVD drive from the computer my windows 7 disc worked on.
to see if my dvd drive was bad. but same problem. so its not my drives.

any ideas anyone yet? gonna do more tests.

still trying to install a OS on that computer..

Last edited:
Problem Resolved! FIXED!

Installation Working NOW!

after running a bunch of diagnostic tools on my Hard Drive and everything else.
I ran Memtest86 on my RAM via burning the free iso in their site here, I tested one stick at a time.

I have found that one of my RAM sticks is bad,
I guess it went bad some how.

bad Ram is the cause for me.
I have 2 1gb Crucial Ballistix, at 4-4-4-12 - 2.2v

I left the good stick of ram in the my computer,
the installation worked perfectly and im actually posting from my computer with Window 7 installed. =p

so that fixed the problem for me. :)

Hope this helps you guys, Good luck

Check your ram, maybe thats the problem with some of you.

Let us know.

Last edited:
Yeah

I dont know what the issue is either i downloaded windows 7 RTM on a newer system with real good specs wich im not going to get into and did it with iso. i upgraded from vista with no problems running it directly from vista. now i have windows 7 and created a bootable thumb drive .. (wich by the way will save you tons of dvds i recommend you guys try winsetupfromusb you get a bootable thumb drive in about a minute) it boots up fine goes all the way to installation and then it fails just as described above with the guy using a dvd.. takes a second in copying files and goes to 30% on expanding files and gives that error. im trying the installation on a dell inspiron 600d and i seen soneome running an rc on a youtube video. i also read another thread on another forum with someone playing around with the memory installed and getting it to work. but ive done that on mine removed both tried single slots a and b and no avail. im stumped. oh by the way i tried to do an upgrade on the dell inspiron and it failed on there because it fails to find a hard drive im guessing because its a 40 gb pata hard drive. so the only solution would be a clean install. but like i said fails at expanding files.

Updated got it working i download another rtm ... windows 7 proffesional its the only other windows 7 rtm i could find in english and it worked without a hic up... still using a bootable thumb drive.. previously i was running GRMCULFREO_EN_DVD now with this one its GRMCPRFRER_EN_DVD. so even though the first one worked to update my windows vista on a desktop it failed to run on a clean install. my solution download another Windows 7 RTM.

Last edited:
oh hey by the way kevin from chi town lower down your bandwidth somewhat stop being a bandwidth hog. theres no reason why you should be anything higher then 20mb. your giving reason for your cable company to come out and inspect and 2 your making your neighborhood slow.

Back
Top Bottom