Windows 7 Windows 7 Firewall Issues

faisal

I am continously facing a two problams with windows firewall.

1-It permit to change the profile type for the network it identify automaticaly and have internet connectivity(hence no need there as it is already propelry identified) but for the network having no internet connectivity it fails to identify network type and also disable profile selection (and we need to do it here).

2-The default profiles of windows firewall are ok for normal usage but when we use some other connections like VPN, Virtual-Box, Qemu then as we aware aboute these connection so we need a totaly diffrent policy for these networks. So we can not use any of default profiles. Till now I am not able to find an option to create new profile in windows 7 firewall.

Sometimes it makes a difference whether you network is designated as a private or public network, since they are treated differently.

Have you gone to the Network and sharing center, and used the "Set up a new connection or network" or "Connect to a network" wizards?

Sometimes it makes a difference whether you network is designated as a private or public network, since they are treated differently.

Have you gone to the Network and sharing center, and used the "Set up a new connection or network" or "Connect to a network" wizards?

Hi,

I been through the neywork sharing center but it does not permit to change network type on unidentified netwroks.

Back
Top Bottom