Windows Vista Windows 7 for 2010...Confirmed?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The Enquirer ran with the above story so I thought I'd include it for discussion..
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I'm not actually too sure it's not just 'Fud' but I guess more reports will start to appear if it is true...

Not much in that article that you could say was "fresh" information.
It was reported months ago that Windows 7 was being developed for release sometime in 2010 but a lot will depend on how Vista sales go in the near future.
I think if Microsoft start talking about a new version of Windows as early as 2010, then why upgrade from XP to Vista? . Many would leave out Vista and wait for Windows 7.

yeah and by then Vista will be the "norm" and everyone will feel comfortable running it like a lot do running XP now :rolleyes:

I thought that was true not fud?

Personally, I agree with superbill as this bit of news is nothing new or it doesn't tell us anything new.. I stll think you won't see anything new until 2011 but I'm sure plenty of reports to the contry will appear.. Those that are disgruntled with vista and still using xp will obviously be clamouring for news like this just to find a way to bash vista... The thing is when this new os does appear it won't be that different from vista, the recent images of the desktop ( although it is early days) show it to be very like vista or at least the GUI was..

Adding more speculation MS have now just revealed that windows 7 will have the same kernal as vista although more refined.. Also 2010 does look like the date we'll be seeing 7, check out more here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Interesting blog Kemical
It would appear that Microsoft intend to follow up Vista with "the long-term architectural investments we introduced in Windows Vista and then refined for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 will carry forward in Windows 7.
This would make sense from their point of view and would make getting Vista now and not staying with XP a better progression in advance of Windows 7.

I don't want to touch the screen !!! That is retarded.... Look here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Yup I think if your already a vista user then going over to windows 7 should be a doddle... As for the touch screen.. Hmm well I don't know.. I suppose it depends on:
how well it works,
will it work on any moniter,
and what exactly you can do with it.. I don't think I could get rid of my trusty mouse though..

Hmm..... maybe a beta version in the second half of 08?? Only joking of course... I don't think we'll see anything like a beta until 2009 let alone a full version!!

:D Ah Ha! I was right!!!! Windows 7 is only a more refined Vista Kernel. We have the Neanderthal Vista Version. Can't stand that touch the screen though, who comes up with these ideas? The screens going to get all dirty, and what about radiation ? Screen must emit some.....

According to the blog your going to need a new screen with special 'digitizers' so I'm not sure how thats going to work. I'm sure we're not going to all rush out and buy new moniters for the sake of a new os...are we?

Some brainiac will create Windows 7 so that it won't work without the new monitors. More money for the industry, everybody throws everything away constantly. Now, if they want to put in those keyboards without the keys, I'm all for it.

From direct experience I can tell you many small businesses are still scared to upgrade to Windows Vista. This is mostly due to the bad press it received on release and a general lack of technical knowledge... Would you believe a lot of companies are still using Pentium 4's?

Actually I can quite believe it... The only reason being is that I recently read the 'Valve hardware survey' of it's clients using 'Steam' :
Valve - Survey Summary Data

You'll notice that 58% still use a CPU with a single processor core. This is even more surprising when one realises that this is a survey of gamers. One could understand offices and the like still using single core CPUs as the upgrade path is very different to gamers...

I feel humbled! I have used a Pentium 4 right through the Vista era. Never had a blue screen though. I don't play a lot of games which is one of the saving factors, I'm sure.

From direct experience I can tell you many small businesses are still scared to upgrade to Windows Vista. This is mostly due to the bad press it received on release and a general lack of technical knowledge... Would you believe a lot of companies are still using Pentium 4's?

In my (Skandinavian) country of residence, the latest figures (NOT from Ms) are that 76%
of companies, big or small, are now converted to Vista. I have a total computer orientated family and, according to my son on a business side, they could not see the problem. Assuming Vista and business programs have been preinstalled by the IT guys, there is no difference in using, for example, Microsoft Word, whether it be in Vista or Windows 95.

I think many of vistas so called problems have been hugely overblown...

Back