Windows 7 Forums Toolbar Available

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
A toolbar to help you navigate the forums and get the most out of the website is now available for your optional use.

For more information about the toolbar, click here.

We strongly recommend you remove all Conduit toolbars from your system. They are now known as malware. Please see our explanation in the link above.

Download the Windows 7 Forums Community Toolbar

Editor's Note: The toolbar is not gimmicky in any way and actually does help you navigate the forums. It includes several features that could help some of our more active users get the most out of the forums. Alternatively, you could also use it to block pop-ups, etc. The company that helped develop the toolbar has a strong privacy policy to prevent you from receiving spam when you install the toolbar. Thank you for your interest and I hope this is a valuable asset to the community.

On a side note, the toolbar is brand new and can be edited to include new features at any time. If you have any suggestions or actually use browser toolbars, please post here and I will look into moving things around on the toolbar itself.

Last edited:
Congrats to being the first person on this planet to install it... lol.

I removed the games.. a bit gimmicky and seemed to be hogging resources. Make sure to switch your search over to "Windows 7 Forums" if you want to search the forums easily. Unfortunately, you will have to do this every time since the developer of the toolbar makes all their money from sponsored ads on Google... but it is a working toolbar nonetheless!

Hope I'm not second I've been running ot for about a week and find it to be quite useful. Especially the community dropdown and the first option being new posts.

Mike is it possible to add a functionality that would notify when a subscribed thread was responded too? That would be a VERY use ful feature to keep those people were helping from falling by the wayside.

Quite a few have installed the toolbar. There is no way I know of to add this functionality yet, but you can have the forums automatically e-mail you when a subscribed thread is answered. THEN, there is a way to add an e-mail notifier to the toolbar so that you would get these notifications sent to the toolbar.

Quite a few have installed the toolbar. There is no way I know of to add this functionality yet, but you can have the forums automatically e-mail you when a subscribed thread is answered. THEN, there is a way to add an e-mail notifier to the toolbar so that you would get these notifications sent to the toolbar.

Genius! :)

Thank you for calling me a genius. However, if I was a coder this would not be done through conduit.com (the toolbar developer). But its a cool enough toolbar that I've kept it installed even though I also use Google Toolbar and Roboform.

No the genius come from the fact that I poked around in there for fifteen minutes looking for a way to indicate that a subscribed thread was replied to, and you my friend found one where I could not. By extension if your not a genius, then I, who couldn't find this message, are on some order of intelligence lower and that is just not sufficient.
smile.gif

If you look at it factually, we all have the potential within us to achieve a certain level of genius... and now we are off-topic :)

If you look at it factually, we all have the potential within us to achieve a certain level of genius... and now we are off-topic :)

I just new there was a philosopher lurking within you Mike :D

Mike, this is the handiest toolbar I have ever used and I would not start or finish my day without it. It offers so much more than any other toolbar I seen or used. I hope it's as popular as I think it should be!!!

Last edited:
Indeed, I really do not know where and what Avatar and Profile Picture are...Link Removed - Invalid URL

I just tried it and have to admit that it's pretty damned good. Normally I steer well clear of toolbars of any discription but this seems ok. I'm now going to check and see if has an impact on anything else and if not... It's staying!

The weather button is spot on too... Brrr..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Indeed, I really do not know where and what Avatar and Profile Picture are....

Hi Erica,
if your having problems with anything to do with your account please don't hesitate to contact the admin staff.
Thankyou for your support.
kemical :)

New Version of Toolbar Released

A new, refined version of the toolbar has been replaced. This version of the toolbar removes a few features to prevent clutter, but also introduces a dictionary lookup, translator, and Facebook login. Radio, video, and other addons have become optional, using the "Add Stuff to My Toolbar" button.

To properly update the toolbar, you may need to go into programs and uninstall it, and then re-install it, since many changes have been made to improve the quality of the build.

I missed this.... I'll give it another try. Thanks Mike.

Toolbar Feedback

So, who actually uses the toolbar, and who is aware of it? Over the last few days, some minor changes were made. I'd like to know if anyone who does use it would like to recommend some improvements. It would also be great to hear from anyone who doesn't use it - and why? Did you try it and than uninstall for example?

I use it again.. The old one, as you know, used to crash IE8 but this version is as solid as a rock. If you use our forum then it's a very handy tool... (ok so I'm a little biased but if it was truely terrible I would say)

Back