Windows 7 Windows 7 freezes when browser open after system up for a while

charliez

I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista. If launch browser it doesn't matter if IE8, Firefox, Chrome after a period of time if I perform any activity e.g. click on a link, open a new window, enter command in command prompt the system freezes for a while before responding the cpu, memory lightly utilized while this is happening. I've run msconfig, run Avira antiVirus Premium nothing special on machine. If I don't open a browser this does not happen. I have a laptop that i've upgraded also and it does not exhibit this problem.:confused:

I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista. If launch browser it doesn't matter if IE8, Firefox, Chrome after a period of time if I perform any activity e.g. click on a link, open a new window, enter command in command prompt the system freezes for a while before responding the cpu, memory lightly utilized while this is happening. I've run msconfig, run Avira antiVirus Premium nothing special on machine. If I don't open a browser this does not happen. I have a laptop that i've upgraded also and it does not exhibit this problem.:confused:

Your problem, although new to me, doesn't surprise me. I've seen and read of strange things when upgrading from Vista. If you want full, uninterrupted operation, do a clean install. If you only have a Win7 Upgrade Disk, not a problem. Plenty of discussion in this forum on how to do a clean install with an upgrade disk.

If it was only happening in one browser, I would suspect an add-in but that is not likely with the same problem from multiple browsers.

Looks like this is a power management problem if I disable sleep mode problem goes away. I've updated NIC and display drivers may have to try upgrading bios and others

Back