Windows 7 Windows 7 Freezes

daanvl

Ok so i've been having this weird problem lately.
Every once in a while, my mouse pointer suddenly changes to a long vertical line, with "spikes" coming out of it. I know this sounds weird, but it does happen. I've tried taking screenshots, but those don't include the mouse pointer. Anyways, whenever this happens, I have about 1 to 2 minutes to continue using the computer normally, and then it just freezes, forcing me to reset the computer.

Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea what might be going on?

thanks,
Daanvl

by the way, im using 2 monitors (if that could cause any abnormalities....)

Could you please show us a screenshot of what your cursor turns into?

Like I said in the first post, I can't seem to take a screenshot with the cursor included, since apparently Windows takes the cursor out of the screenshot. If it is possible, I would like to know how. I could also try to accurately make a drawing of it :p

Ok so i've been having this weird problem lately.
Every once in a while, my mouse pointer suddenly changes to a long vertical line, with "spikes" coming out of it. I know this sounds weird, but it does happen. I've tried taking screenshots, but those don't include the mouse pointer. Anyways, whenever this happens, I have about 1 to 2 minutes to continue using the computer normally, and then it just freezes, forcing me to reset the computer.

Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea what might be going on?

thanks,
Daanvl

by the way, im using 2 monitors (if that could cause any abnormalities....)

I'm having the same issue and I'm using 2 monitors aswell. No solution yet. I updated Windows and a few drivers already. I'm watching this thread and hope to see a solution anytime soon.

I'm using 3 monitors and this has happened to me a few times. The mouse cursor turns into a mangled vertical line, then I have about 30 seconds to shut down using the keyboard or it crashes horribly: Audio goes nuts and everything freezes, sometimes the screen garbages out too.

The system was fine under XP, only difference is now it's 64 bit windows 7 and running with 6 gigs of ram.

So i've tried switching the RAM units around, but nothing happened..... I'm baffeled but at least I know theres more people with the same problem.... Anyone have some more ideas?

My only "fix" is to put it into sleep mode with the keyboard when that happens before it crashes. Then I can bring it back up and not lose my work, and the mouse pointer is back to normal.

Back