Windows 7 Windows 7 Frozen desktop

ginormusus

ok, im using a Compaq C571NR laptop and my problem is that the desktop icons are all hidden. they are all there because I can open them threw my computer but on the physical desktop everything is hidden. including the trash bin. I cant even use the selection tool and drag a box across the desktop. If anyone can help me I would greatly aprechiate it.:)

also, everything else works fine including the awsome start menu and dock.

Perhaps you've got malicious software on your system. Best use Spybot or Malwarebytes to scan for anything. Both programs are free and work rather well.

Best of Luck

Jordan

ok, im using a Compaq C571NR laptop and my problem is that the desktop icons are all hidden. they are all there because I can open them threw my computer but on the physical desktop everything is hidden. including the trash bin. I cant even use the selection tool and drag a box across the desktop. If anyone can help me I would greatly aprechiate it.:)

also, everything else works fine including the awsome start menu and dock.

right click on the desktop, go to personalize-->desktop icons. Voila! (hopefully)

in the same window where you select the icons you want on the desktop. uncheck the box that says "allow themes to change desktop items" this might help... also a screen of your desktop would be helpful. Are the icons GONE? or just stacked together... etc.

no thats not working either ill try to post a pic of my desktop in a few

this is a snapshot of my desktop, and no icons show up at all on it
ScreenHunter_01Feb022252.jpg

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is to start from scratch again. do a clean install (don't do a quick format, do the full format), try reinstalling the OS.. there might have been some shadows on the HDD that could have made a mess of something... try googling the problem first, you might find a solution too :)... sorry i couldn't be more help than that.

go to the desktop and right click and go to view>Show Desktop Icons and make sure it is checked. If it is then uncheck it and then recheck it and if it isnt then check it please. Try and see if that helps.

I had this issue when I tried to install and run Warcraft 3. It claimed my direct X wasn't installed, though it was, I found when I tried to run warcraft III again, the icons would magically re-appear.

Back
Top Bottom