Windows 7 Windows 7 HD and SSD Performance

loathe

Heres a nice review on disk drives compared on Windows Vista and Windows 7

ssd-read.png

As you can see, Windows 7 is much more efficient when it comes to making use of a solid state drive's speed. While under Windows Vista, our X25-M SSD averaged between 171 MB/s to 206 MB's, whereas under Windows 7, that jumps to 223 MB/s to 234 MB/s. Simply swapping out Vista to Windows 7 allows for a sizable performance increase in read performance.

Some interesting results for sure.. If you want to see more comparisons like this head over to Tom's Hardware... They've got all kinds of charts like this... ;)

Some interesting results for sure.. If you want to see more comparisons like this head over to Tom's Hardware... They've got all kinds of charts like this... ;)

I am running W7 on an OCZ Vertex SSD, and it is nothing short of bliss. I took my system into work and demo'ed it for everyone, and they all wanted one. In fact the company is holding off upgrade from XP to Vista so we can go straight to W7.

I have had not one problem with W7 and SSD. The OCZ even supports W7 TRIM (next firmware release). I higly recommend it.

Last edited:
I am running W7 on an OCZ Vertex SSD, and it is nothing short of bliss. I took the my system into work and demo'ed it for everyone, and everyone wanted one. In fact the company is holding off upgrade from XP to Vista so we can go straight to W7.

I have had not one problem with W7 and SSD. The OCZ even supports W7 TRIM (next firmware release). I higly recommend it.

I too have a Vertex series with 7 on it and I agree, "nothing short of bliss".
Hopefully we get TRIM next FW, they said the same thing about 1.3

I am running W7 on an OCZ Vertex SSD, and it is nothing short of bliss. I took my system into work and demo'ed it for everyone, and they all wanted one. In fact the company is holding off upgrade from XP to Vista so we can go straight to W7.

Very nice Petabyte! :)

When prices arrive at something aproaching reasonable I will get a SSD . For now I can but imagine :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Watch out for the new OCZ Agility Series.

"The new Agility Series of SSDs are the latest addition to the OCZ lineup of solid state drives and are designed for cost-conscious consumers seeking the performance and reliability benefits of SSDs at an aggressive price,"

Back
Top Bottom