Hi all, I a while back I tried to install windows 7 SP1 but it failed, I tried it a few more times and then just hid the update. More recently I attempted to install the update again and received the error 8007002. So I tried to fix it using the recommended windows fix of deleting files in the /WINDOWS/softwaredistribution folder, after stopping the windows update service. Having done that and the update no longer working, I attempted another fix of trying the system readiness tool and the manual download of windows service pack 1. After it looking promising at the start and starting the installation, it hung in the middle and then prompted me saying that the installation was not successful and to try the before mention windows fix. In the details section at the bottom of the prompt it says 'Error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND(0X8007002)'. Now I'm looking for any more way to solve this problem. I have seen on other websites of people checking the CBS logs but I'm not quite sure what to do but can provide them if required. Some more information that may be useful is that I'm using Microsoft security essentials for protection and use widows firewall. I also have Ad-aware installed.