Windows 7 Home Premium will not log in

I turned my pc on today it is running windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It came up to the login screen as usual and i typed my password in. Windows said welcome and all was good, until it appeared windows locked my computer right after login. I logged in again but this time it appeared to have logged me out. When i logged in the first time it came right back to the login screen but had the switch users choice then when i logged in again it did not have this button. Why would it be doing this, and it there anyway to fix this? it is a brand new hp computer

Last edited:

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Is there some registration procedure you need to do on the unit?

Have you asked HP?

Any chance of a virus?

Did you make a Password reset disc? Are you sure you are typing the password correctly, caps lock and such?

yes i am positive that i typed it in correctly because it did not notify me that the password was incorrect. and when i said brand new i mean past few months new so i completed all the registration things. I did however try copying the account over a new one i made in safe mode which i managed to successfully do although it too would act in the same way. I finally decided to simply system restore, luckily i had one from yesterday so i chose that one and it worked. I think it was a problem with vista style builder because that was the program i installed that system restore was undoing. so a quick system restore solved my problems. The system restore in windows 7 is magical. I have only used it in xp and that was terrible.

Thank you for the suggestions,
eerikk
Erik Holtan

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.