Windows 7 Windows 7 home premium x64 can't boot

Hamletas

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so sorry if I post this in wrong place. Now from the title you can guess what it will be about but I will put it in more detail. Yesterday's evening I was watching a movie on my Asus P52J lap top and then I decided it's time to sleep so I went to brush my teeth (I left the computer running) but when I came back lap top's screen was black and it said "disk read error press ctrl+alt+delete to reboot" (or smth similar) when I rebooted the same screen popped up so I just pushed the power button to power off. Then I removed battery and put it back in (in the past it helped for other crashes). When I started my pc that window came up with two suggestions to run windows normally or to fix it. I tried to start it normally but on the windows animation screen the "windows" didn't show up and it automatically started system recovery... It took forever to load it. But when I got to the system recovery tools I saw that it says "Operating system: Unknown on (Unknown) local disk" . It really startled me. I decided to go with Startup repair. At first it was scanning for errors and then it said that it was fixing them. But it keeps on fixing them for hours. I don't know what to do... I don't have the windows 7 home premium x64 original disk because I got the computer with already installed windows. So can anyone help me at all? (Sorry for bad English)

Have you made your system recovery disc's? If so, use them to reset your laptop. If not...reboot your laptop and try F2, F10, F11 or the delete key...tapping the key repeatedly until you get to the system recovery screen. What this will do is restore your computer to it's original factory state.

I don't have system recovery disk. But I have windows install disk. Although the problem is that it doesn't let me boot from cd. When I start my lap top I keep pressing esc and little table appears which says
SATA: ST9500325AS (i believe it's my HDD)
SATA: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT34N (I believe it's the dvd drive)
Enter Setup (which is my bios)
So I insert dvd of windows and select the second option. But the screen turns black saying Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key. So now I have no idea how to boot from a cd...

I don't have system recovery disk. But I have windows install disk. Although the problem is that it doesn't let me boot from cd. When I start my lap top I keep pressing esc and little table appears which says
SATA: ST9500325AS (i believe it's my HDD)
SATA: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT34N (I believe it's the dvd drive)
Enter Setup (which is my bios)
So I insert dvd of windows and select the second option. But the screen turns black saying Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key. So now I have no idea how to boot from a cd...
Have you made your system recovery disc's? If so, use them to reset your laptop. If not...reboot your laptop and try F2, F10, F11 or the delete key...tapping the key repeatedly until you get to the system recovery screen. What this will do is restore your computer to it's original factory state.

Back
Top Bottom