Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Failure

The McSmashy

I got the error code 0x80070005 when trying to install Windows 7, the error displayed

Windows cannot install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005

Can I get a bit of help? D:

SUPER EDIT POWERS: I've got a 64 bit Vista running on an Asus G50V Laptop, and I'm trying to upgrade to the 64 bit Professional

Last edited:
Hi smashy,
can you not back up what you can and then do a fresh install? We have had many, many posts regarding errors coming from users upgrading. The fix has always been to do a fresh install...

Unfortunately, I don't have the disk. I'm a student at Rochester Institute of Technology, and I got an ISO of Windows 7 through the MSDNAA. I tried burning it to a DVD and making it bootable, but my computer won't boot it at start-up. (Yes, I changed the boot order so it would first try and boot from the CD/DVD tray, and then the HD)

I've already backed up all my important files on a SVN client, so I guess the big problem now is: What am I doing wrong when burning? I'm burning it at x8 speed using Power2Go, and I selected that 'Make bootable' option. Should I close the CD so it can't have anything else added?

Should also mention: When I do try and boot the DVD, I just get a flashing underscore, kinda like a prompt except I can't do anything. I left it like this for an hour to see if it was just slow, but no dice.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I skimmed the titles of the threads and I didn't really see any names that caught my eye.

EDIT (Because I do it a lot) I'm trying something else for the DVD Burning, I'll post back if it borks

Last edited:
Hi,

First locate the Windows 7 product key of your copy and boot from the Windows 7 DVD. Now wait for Windows 7 to finish loading files. Then you will see the Windows 7 splash screen, signifying that the set-up process is about to start. Choose the language to install, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method etc. To officially begin the clean installation process click on the ‘Install now’ button under the Windows 7 logo. Accept the terms of Windows 7 Software License. For the question, “Which type of installation do you want?” you should click on ‘Custom (advanced)’. Windows 7 set-up considers partition management as an enhanced task so you will have to click the ‘Drive options (advanced)’ link to make those options available. When all available drive options are listed, you shall remove any operating system related partitions from the hard drive.

Windows 7 set-up will now install a clean copy of Windows 7 to the location you have chosen earlier. Now you need to restart your PC and then the Windows 7 clean install will continue. It will now update registry settings in preparation for the final stages of the operating system clean install. You will have to wait while Windows 7 set-up starts various necessary services. Now the screen would display “Completing installation”. Then the Windows 7 set-up process automatically restarts your PC. Windows 7 will then verify the video performance of your PC. Now you should type a username and password for the PC. Then enter the product key and choose Windows Update option, time, date etc.

Get more information to clean installation of windows 7 :

Windows 7 service pack-1 installation fail - Microsoft Answers

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this information helps you.

Back
Top Bottom