Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation problems

mmbrajohan

Hi there...

I got 7600.16385.090713-1255 x64 Windows 7, but i'm really struggling at installing it.

I currently have XP pro x32 service pack 3 on my pc, but it simply wont install.

I know that it wont run from XP itself, as it gives me the "This Installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows, To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc, for more information check your computer's system information. To install a new copy of windows, restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc and then select custom (advanced)" error...

I've searched forum after forum but can't seem to get it to install...

I've burned an copy of the iso to a disk & tried running it via booting, but it doesn't start installing... it just skips to windows XP...

can it be my hardware or my cd image that is wrong?

My hardware:
AMD Phenom 9950 BE
ASRock K10n78 Motherboard
2GB Samsung + 2x1GB Corsair XMS Ram (tried combinations of them by removing some as well)
XFX 9800gt 512MB G/C (tried using the onboard geforce 8200 card as well)
Seagate 500gb sata H/D
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U Samsung IDE DVD Drive
DLink Wireless adapter
500W power Supply

The contents of my DVD:
Windows7DVD.jpg

Am I missing some files needed to boot up in startup or is my DVD ROM not suited for the job?

Sorry about the essay, but it will probably make your job easier...:eek:

Thank you

couple of simple questions first......did you set the boot order to start with D: ? What did you use to burn the DVD if what you say you have is a DVD/Rom? Are you sure the DVD is good? Its been my experience that a certain number of DVDs won't work. Cheap media.....

WOW!!!! I solved it... it was the simplistic way of doing it!!! & it installed so quickly...

i did set the boot order plus my mobo has an option to choose the boot sequence on startup when pressing F11.

I used AIM dvd's & nero & vista cd burner to burn the image... but i think my dvd reader was the main problem...

check this:
Link Removed - Not Found

This is the best way... I promise you...

Thanks anyway...

unable to clean install win 7

I've been trying to install from a reboot but the dvd drive flashes and goes to a black screen but just stops there. can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom