Windows 7 Windows 7 loads like cement

siddhartha

I have this problem and have found it expressed on many web sites that windows 7 takes a lifetime to load. It takes my brand new microsoft Toshiba T135-s1312 which I bought at the microsoft online store about 15 minutes to fully load. Occasionaly a message appears that says windows is having problems loading. Although I have seen multipe postings regarding this problem, I have not encountered any solutions. I am runnign a virus and malware check and found 8 tracking cookies thus far. How do I know what junk to clear out that is not a tracking cookie. I think I got a computer that has a damaged windows software on it--which figures since I got the computer from microsoft afterthey misdelivered the one I should have received. Please advice me, a dummy when it comes to tech issues, and one that has not had a satisfying experience purchasing this computer from microsoft itself.

suddhartha

Post moved to more suitable section.

Try this tip found here: Link Removed - Not Found

You may also want to check what else is booting by using msconfig.

Thank you for your responses. The person who said I had a lemon was correct. What was supposed to be a new computer from Microsoft online store turned out to be someone's return that they did not bother to fix. My entire experience with the Microsoft Online Store has been an unpleasant fiasco. I ordered the Toshiba from Microsoft Online Store on January 1, 2010, it was delivered to someone other than me who probably stole--the UPS driver did not deliver the computer to the address on the box--I got the run-around from Microsoft Store, UPS, the place it should have been delivered to (A UPS store) and the place that signed for it (A ValuVision store 5 stores away from the UPS store), and I am still without a computer or with the almost $600 I paid to Microsoft Online STore. I keep talking to all these people who refuse to say where in the world they are for security purposes who put me on hold for an hour or more and then tell me they cannot help me. I do not recommend anyone to purchase anything from Microsoft ONline store as they try to wear you down and not help you in any meaningful way. If anyone has any good ideas, I would appreciate them. I am at my wits end, caught between Microsoft Online STore abysmall customer service and UPS which has already reimbursed Microsoft for the misdelivered computer. In an effort to appease me, the last "lemon" was supposed to be a new computer free of charge--but it was someone else's unfixed return. I am tempted to buy an Apple or whatever you call them! Siddhartha

It is very hard to read and understand one very long paragraph. Please use shorter paragraphs with one thought per paragraph.

Because of the way you wrote explained your problem, I have to ask, do you have a computer?

Does that computer take a long time to boot and if so, what type of computer is it? We cannot help you with the Microsoft store, just with you current problem, so please try to explain that the best you can.

I can only hope that this issue is sorted out for you as soon as possible. As we are only a forum and not affiliated with Microsoft I can only offer my condolences on what seems very poor service. Please do keep us appraised of the situation..

thank you for such a sweet message

When I read through your message, it brought tears to my eyes. You are the first one tht has expressed any empathy about this situation. I have made 58 calls to customer support, and last night discovered two other cases posted on the internet that were identical to mine suggesting some type of internet fraud or crime by Microsoft Online Store and UPS. The probability of it happening once seems miniscule; but three times over the course of a month sounds like a pattern. I filed a report on the FBI internet fraud site last night to follow up my earlier report. I also plan to amend my police report to reflect the additional information. I am considering just buying a slightly different but good Toshiba Laptop from Amazon with whom I have had very positive experiences in the past. They have the laptop on sale discounted by a $100 which brings the price closer to the Microsoft bait and switch but not as much hard disk. But then, Microsoft's offer seemed too good to be true, and it was. I have lost 3 friends over this because one of them worked at the UPS store where it should have been delivered and is a suspect, and my other two friends warned him that he might lose his job, and it is now difficult for me to claim my mail at the UPS store without an angry confrontation. The situation which was weird enough to begin with has taken on a life of its own.

Customer rep 58 last night was just like the other 57--he was fakely empathic and said someone might call me, but if they did not I should call bback. Each phone call entails being put on hold between 1 and 2 hours. Moreover, UPS has already reimbursed Microsoft for "losing" the computer" but Microsoft claims not to know that. They have been unduly enriched by this scam.

I am going to mitigate my losses and purchse the other computer from Amazon--a month is too long to be jerked around by the Micirosoft Online Store.

The thing is, I'm sure if Microsoft themselves knew that this had happened then they would be horrified and I should imagine that control over the many franchises that lay claim to the microsoft name is hard to keep tabs on. I'm not saying microsoft isn't at fault here as surely the buck should end with them. It is after all their name on the branding..

I understand what you are saying, but if they do not know, they should know, and it is their brand name that is being sullied. How does one contact Microsoft directly and bypass the 60 customer service reps that have used delaying tactics over the course of almost 30 days? If you have any suggestions, they would be appreciated. I am not sure that I am the most rational person on this matter any more since so much has occurred, all negative. But I appreciate your sensible comments, and do not disagree with them.
siddhartha

I checked out the online store site and tried to find the/a link for customer support. I also tried to find a way to contact them that doesn't include a phonecall.
The only relevant web page seemed to be this one where you can contact by email:
Microsoft Store: Contact Us

Thank you for the web site--I have tried it to no success. I tried to call headquarters today in Redmond Washington but it is such a huge place I never got routed to the right person. Any ideas of what department etc? It sounds like a huge city onto itself. I tried twice and never got a call back the second time, but I will give it till tomorrow. I talked to a person who was across the street from the huge complex but still worked at Microsoft but indicated it was not her area but would do her best to find someone for me, and she sounded sincere, and thanked me for calling. I appreciate your help. I will just keep beating my head against the wall until I get somewhere--but sometimes you just don't get anywhere.
siddhartha

I emailed Mr. Balmer and Bill Gates directly and got some immediate results

Hey,

I found direct emails for both Mr. Balmer and Bill Gates and sent them my complaint yesterday. I also complained to the online store online to a supervisor and mentioned I had sent the email to Balmer and Gates, and they shipped a computer out shortly afterwards.

I do not know the causal mechanism except that I wold have bought the one from Amazon that was on sale but it went off sale. Synchronicity?

I just typed Microsoft CEO in google and found the email addresses on a consumer page put together by consumer reports.

I also posted my complaint on twitter and facebook and a bunch of other places.
only time will tell if my problems are over.
siddhartha:cool::razz::redface::eek:

Wow! Well done. That's certainly got the ball rolling. I just hope that it all turns out ok.

Back