Windows 7 Windows 7 made my account a Guest, and another one an admin.

Master Mist

Hey, I have registered here to solve this problem, I am very upset because of it, please help me out:
I've set an automatic logon feature on the OS a few days ago (through 'contol userpasswords2'), it worked nice, no problems, suddenly today I've tried to access it again to remove it, then it asked me for another password, I have another account on the computer, with no password, long story short, with out even knowing, Windows 7 has given a password to it, and made my account a guest, I cant do ANYTHING, cant copy files, delete files, install urgent files, please help me, this is very critical and annoying, anything I can do exept for reinstalling Windows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried to access it again to remove it, then it asked me for another password
When prompted for admin password, enter it or press just "Enter" if your administrator account is not password protected.

~~~~

You can log off and then log in with your admin account.

~~~~

If you can't access the admin account, then try:

Right click > Create shortcut > type in %windir%\system32\cmd.exe > Ok

run this cmd shortcut as administrator > cmd > type in control userpasswords2

Last edited:
It wont help, to access the command line as an admin I have to type the admin's password,
to access 'control userpasswords2' I also have to input the password, which I dont have because as I said, windows probably generated its password, and made my account a guest.

This is not normal behavior for the operating system. You should perform a thorough scan for viruses, malware, and trojans, when and if you regain access to your system. You can try a hard method of resetting the password: Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

It wont help, to access the command line as an admin I have to type the admin's password,
to access 'control userpasswords2' I also have to input the password, which I dont have because as I said, windows probably generated its password, and made my account a guest.

me said:
... press just "Enter" if your administrator account is not password protected.

When it asks you to enter admin password, do not enter anything and press "Enter."

Well, doesnt work, it insists it has a password, and I tried any password I ever used, use and more things I could think of.

Back