Windows 7 Windows 7 Microsoft Offer Form?

BuzzardB

Hey everyone, so heres my situation.
I am trying to format and reinstall windows on a clients computer, which normally is no big issue. This case is special though.

Client has Windows 7 Installed, but the sticker on the case is for Windows Vista, ok no biggy. I call him up and ask him to bring his license in and this is what he brings me.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

A black booklet that looks like the first of the two on this page.
So I have never run across one of these things before so I check out the site thats on the booklet, which took me to that link I just sent.

So my question is, what process from here do I have to go through to reinstall this guys windows 7?

The license on this sticker is only 17 digits instead of the standard 25, so was this a code to gain access to the REAL code? or is this a special code used to install it?

I assuming I cannot just pop in a windows 7 disk and use this code to install it like I normally would...

Any guidance would be appreciated.

This is the Microsoft program that encouraged people to buy new pcs with vista prior to the release of Windows 7. The buyer was guaranteed a free upgrade to Windows 7 after the official release in October 2009. See this article: Link Removed - Not Found.

It is possible that the upgrade was self activated if no new product key was provided.

According to the article it is possible to do a clean install using the Windows 7 Upgrade Option media using the registration code in the Windows Vista COA.

Last edited:
Back