Windows 7 - Network stopped connecting to router

I have been using Windows 7 RC since it's release and on Saturday morning 9/12, my network stopped connecting to my AT&T Uverse router. I switched to my other hard drive having Windows XP 32-bit and that connected to the router just fine. I have a wired connection to it so I don't see what the problem is other than Windows 7 having the issue.

I spoke with AT&T Uverse Tech Support online and they basically just said Windows 7 is not supported by UVerse and didn't help. UVerse was working just fine the whole time with Windows 7 until Saturday morning when I woke up.

Detail of problem, when I log into Windows 7, the network icon in the tray shows a circle going for a few seconds then just has a ! mark. I check on troubleshoot but it doesn't help much. I tried disabling and reenabling the adapters and that didn't fix the problem, on top of uninstalling and letting windows reinstall the adapter.

When the ! is there, it says Unidentified Network or something of that nature. When I login to the router settings and look at the computers connected, it shows my computer connected by Ethernet!

What's wrong here and how do I correcet it? Router is showing my wired computer is connected, but windows 7 is showing a ! mark and says Unidentified Network and I can't do anything to correct it. Tried shutting off the firewall as well. Windows 7 was working just fine the night before w/o any changes, just next morning decided to stop connecting for no reason.

Please help, thanks!

Code:
Host key + R
Type in cmd & hit enter.
In cmd Window type.
Code:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
report back.
After words report back with results of
Code:
ipconfig /all

Last edited:
Power Off Win7 PC
Turn off or unplug Router/Modem for a few moments (like 2 to 5 mins)
Turn Modem/Router back on wait for it to boot
Turn Win7 PC back on and try again

This may work.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.