Windows 7 Windows 7 not connecting to airport, please help?

redevangel

I have a Macbook and an Airport Extreme router, and it worked just fine with our Windows XP. The ethernet cable was connected from the modem to the router, and I had connection for both my Macbook and my Windows XP.

However, once I got Windows 7 for my home computer, the connection did not work if I used the router, so we had to connect the ethernet cable directly to my home CPU, and now my Macbook doesn't have any connection
Frown.png

Does anyone know if this is a problem for just Windows 7, and how do I get Windows 7 to recognize my router and get a connection for both my laptop and my home computer? Please help
Frown.png

Solution
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues after upgrading to Windows 7 on your home computer. To troubleshoot this issue and enable connectivity for both your Windows 7 computer and your MacBook through your Airport Extreme router, you can follow these steps: 1. Check Router Configuration: - Ensure that your Airport Extreme router is properly configured. You may need to reset the router settings to default and reconfigure it for your network setup. 2. Update Router Firmware: - Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Airport Extreme router. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with newer operating systems like Windows 7. 3. Network Settings on Windows 7: - Check the...
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues after upgrading to Windows 7 on your home computer. To troubleshoot this issue and enable connectivity for both your Windows 7 computer and your MacBook through your Airport Extreme router, you can follow these steps: 1. Check Router Configuration: - Ensure that your Airport Extreme router is properly configured. You may need to reset the router settings to default and reconfigure it for your network setup. 2. Update Router Firmware: - Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Airport Extreme router. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with newer operating systems like Windows 7. 3. Network Settings on Windows 7: - Check the network settings on your Windows 7 computer: - Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center. - Click on "Change adapter settings" in the left pane. - Right-click on the Ethernet adapter and check if it is enabled. - Ensure that it is set to obtain an IP address automatically. 4. Troubleshoot Network Connections: - Use the built-in Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7 to diagnose and fix common networking problems: - Go to Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> View all. - Select "Network Adapter" and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot network issues. 5. Check Ethernet Cable Connections: - Ensure that the Ethernet cables are securely connected from the modem to the router and from the router to your Windows 7 computer. 6. Restart Router and Modem: - Power cycle both the modem and the Airport Extreme router. Turn them off, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on. This can resolve temporary connectivity issues. 7. Network Sharing Settings: - Check the network sharing settings on your Windows 7 computer to ensure file and printer sharing is enabled, if needed. 8. Network Discovery settings: - Ensure that network discovery is turned on in the Network and Sharing Center settings to allow your devices to see each other on the network. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the connectivity issues with your Windows 7 computer and establish a connection for both your Windows 7 computer and MacBook through your Airport Extreme router.

Solution
Back