windows 7 printing to a mac based usb printer

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by forschreiber, Dec 27, 2009.

1. forschreiber

forschreiber New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I have an Asus 1005ha netbook running Windows 7 starter that connects fine to my airport express network. The netbook finds my Canon iP5000 printer (which is connected via USB to my imac). I am quite sure that all of the settings on the mac are good as I can print from a Macbook . I have updated the driver which shows up, but I can not print.

Found another suggested fix that has me printing through the LPR port monitor. The directions say " Print and Document Services item and then enable the LPR Port Monitor item..." but I fo not show a LPR port in my print and document services folder.

I have also tried setting it up through Bonjour for Windows. The program loads and the wizard detects both the imac computer and printer. However, when I click Finish the error message reads "You do not have sufficient access to connect to this printer". Any ideas on what I need for access??

Any help with the this problem, or any other solutions would be appreciated. I am a lifle long Mac guy that is questioning my foray into the Windows world...please help.