Windows 7 Windows 7 problem - Aero not working - Bored Basic style - PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

mileycyruslove

Hi there

So I have Windows 7 in my computer, and I can't just use the Aero features (including the theme), because it says that my video card driver is not WDDM compatible.

My Video card driver is: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Graphics memory: 128MB

Should I install one another driver? If so, which one? If I try to update, it says that I'm using the latest version of the driver and it's up to date. But it says that I can't use Aero because of my WDDM incompatibility. What should I do? I am REALLY tired and bored with the basic theme (light blue).

Guys, I think that there must be a solution because the Windows doesn't say I can't use Aero. It says the following:

"The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver"

Please help
Cheers

Last edited:
Did some googling for you and i'm sorry to inform you that this chipset does not support WDDM (Aero).
Unfortunately your only option to enable the eye candy would be to buy a WDDM Directx 10 or 11 compatible graphics card.

I have the exact same problem!

I have tried the UXTheme stuff, but ran into problems. My system was almost un usable :(

This is what I have posted on other forums:
If one where to install Windows Vista on the device the taskbar would be black and have the default Windows Vista look and feel without Aero glass experience. I'm pretty ok with running without Aero glass. However, the standard Windows 7 toolbar is ugly! That blue/gray color is something I really dislike.
Some people have offered some tooling to get the taskbar to be somewhat transparant, but what I'm looking for is a way to get a decent looking taskbar. If that means the system needs to be "tricked" into enabling Aero glass effects I'm ok with that as well.
It's very hard to change the appearance of Windows 7 with the Asus R2H.
Even changing the color of the default taskbar and title bars to black would be a solution.
All desktop themes that one can download are "aero" themes, so they don't work on an Asus R2H.
This has probably got something to do with the display adapter being an Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express chipset. Is there any expectation of new WDDM enabled drivers for this chipset? Since it is a UMPC obviously replacing the display adapter is not an option.

funnily enough the very thing your trying to enable is the first thing i turn off...lol i hate the glass effect...the only thing I like on is aero peek.

No, I don't care about the glass effect. However: if you have a graphics card that doesn't support aero you're stuck with the ugly basic style. Whereas in Vista fortunately you got a default black style.

Back
Top Bottom