Windows 7 windows 7 problems

icedaeyan

I just installed windows 7, and i have had multiple random shutdowns or complete system freezes and only the desktop picture is left showing. At the most i usually on have Firefox and itunes running plus w.o.w all going at once on vista i didnt have these problems, any thoughts on what may be the problem. All of my drivers and software is updated so im not sure whats causing it. It only been on my computer 2 days. Any thoughts on what might be the problem.

Running windows 7 home premium
with amd phenom x2 550
with 4gigs of ram
32 bit os

Could this be a hardware failure, did you upgrade your hardware recently ?

Did you check your HDD for bad sectors ?

icedaeyan:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please fill out your system specs by clicking on the settings link at the top of this page and on the resultant page on the left choose edit profile. Scroll down to the Operating System box and start filling in the boxes, providing as much detail information as possible. Since I would suspect, from what you've mentioned so far, a motherboard chipset driver and or a driver update for your Video Adapter you might try starting there. Was this a custom clean install or an upgrade from Vista?

It was a custom clean install, The before os was vista and all the parts that are in there right now are the same so no new upgrades yet,the hdd is good i checked that first

Back