Windows 7 Windows 7 Public Beta: January 9th

Kyle

It's official, Steve Ballmer has just announced that you can find the Windows 7 Ultimate Beta (Build 7000) on the Microsoft website as of January 9th. No information on how to get 7 Ultimate beta keys have been released yet, I'll keep you posted.

As for Technet and MSDN, they've got their Windows 7 Home Premium Beta downloads open NOW, if you have an account, get your key and/or ISO now.

If you hadn't noticed, I stated that MSDN and Technet get Home Premium, not Ultmate at this time.
So if you're looking for the full experience, wait until Friday.

(Thanks to iroken22, Engadget and my CES source "Dave" for the info)

Last edited:
I have just posted in another thread but:
It came up on Technet (if you have a subscription) in the early hours. 64 bit included, and the alternative of an update download. There is also an interesting looking driver download. I have the 64 queued after 32, but I guess the site is being overworked at the moment. Present progress (5 hours per OS) means for me much later today!!
On Technet, of course, the keys are included, but I have no idea of the validity period, as it is in Beta. I,ll report back whenever.

Do you guys know if there add the spanish, i read there only going to put the English, german, Jap, Hidi, and some other one i think...

Or is there a programe for me to translate o something.

Regards,
S.87

Consumer Electronics Show 2009 (CES 2009) Marks the Milestone that Bill Gates is Not Speaking in CES Keynote for Microsoft. Instead, Steve Ballmer, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft, and Robbie Bach, President of the Entertainment & Devices Division..

Consumer Electronics Show 2009 - For Windows 7 I'm Watch.
Steve Ballmer Keynote Perfect...:cool:
See You All Visitor's..;)

is this beta the same as build 7000?

so would there be any need to upgrade?

thanks

(& what I mean by upgrade is clean install)...

If the new W7 official, is 7000.. the ones who is runing the leak.. is going to be the same thing? or there would be "new stuff"?

Regards,
S.87

' The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.'

From the Windows Team Blog. Really annoyed as I have school when it's released :(

i work 12 hours a day ;) and workin' on the 9th to the 15th.

Thanks, so i don't need to re-download and install.

Cheers,
S.87

Well that would depend on whether or not you want a Legal copy of it with a key.. ;) The legit Beta's from MS will expire on August 2009 whereas the "non-legit" ones only last for 30 days so I've been told... also the legit one's will receive updates via Windows Update and the "non-legit" ones won't I've also been told.. so yeah, ya might wanna rethink that one.. ;) (unless of course you already got a legal copy from technet or one of the other legal sources.. in which case yes your good to go..)

Well that would depend on whether or not you want a Legal copy of it with a key.. ;) The legit Beta's from MS will expire on August 2009 whereas the "non-legit" ones only last for 30 days so I've been told... also the legit one's will receive updates via Windows Update and the "non-legit" ones won't I've also been told.. so yeah, ya might wanna rethink that one.. ;) (unless of course you already got a legal copy from technet or one of the other legal sources.. in which case yes your good to go..)

Wrong, the "non-legit" and "legit" versions are EXACTLY the same. As in hashes, file sizes, etc.
Technically, there's no difference between them, they're the same, save for where you've downloaded them.

As for the keys, when inputted, they activate 7 until August 1st 2009, no matter where you downloaded it from, illegally or legally.

Well I guess now I know don't I......hahaha ;)

(One wrong thing about your statement though.. there exactly the same except for the few versions that have slipstreamed malware/whatever else the morons who do that sort of thing want to put into it... but i mean that goes for any illegally downloaded piece of software.. But yeah, I get what your sayin ;) )

Well I guess now I know don't I......hahaha ;)

(One wrong thing about your statement though.. there exactly the same except for the few versions that have slipstreamed malware/whatever else the morons who do that sort of thing want to put into it... but i mean that goes for any illegally downloaded piece of software.. But yeah, I get what your sayin ;) )

Well yeah, but that goes without saying.
I'm obviously talking about the original leak, not a re-release by another P2P group.

so for everyone with a leaked 7000 build could easily download the new mp3 update like I did...
& sooner or later catch a key & be good...

?

I cant wait til the final windows 7 is released

There's a "genuine" acivation crack floating about the net... not that I'd use it ;)

how long do you think 2.5 million serials will last? an hour?

all we know is it's being released this afternoon. presumably pacific standard time. that's late this evening in central europe.

i'd hate to miss out on getting a proper key. especially since that activation crack doesn't extend the time limit to august...

Back