Windows 7 Windows 7 RC is build 7100

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The build is 7100 and carries the build tag 7100.0.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700. Windows 7 brings many new features, compatibility improvements and speed improvements over that of Windows Vista.​

Expect to see an announcement from Microsoft about the RC of Windows 7 on May 5th, with a public release somewhere around the 9th.​

source: Link Removed due to 404 Error

At the moment there are some torrents purporting to be build 7100 . They are fakes so dont bother downloading for now :)

Last edited:
and the answer is..... who cares where the leak is.. ;) With May 5th only being a couple weeks away now why not just wait and download it from Microsoft directly.. ;) I'm sure after the beating their servers took when the Beta was released, they will deploy the RC in a much more effecient manor... :).... hopefully..

and the answer is..... who cares where the leak is.. ;) With May 5th only being a couple weeks away now why not just wait and download it from Microsoft directly.. ;) I'm sure after the beating their servers took when the Beta was released, they will deploy the RC in a much more effecient manor... :).... hopefully..
T minus 12 days til rebuild.....

:)

Hehe of course there are, always is.

And Radenight, waiting for MS always works, but its not as fun as getting it a week before from some random russian site ;-)

Hehe of course there are, always is.

And Radenight, waiting for MS always works, but its not as fun as getting it a week before from some random russian site ;-)

That is true ;) Had to go for this :) Just hope its for real :)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Anyone knows why the version number has been 6.1 and not 7.0 (as the product name, Windows 7, would suggest :) ) from the beginning? I would really expect it to be 7.0 in the final version (7.0.7200 maybe?), but why not in Beta/RC?

Pete

Anyone knows why the version number has been 6.1 and not 7.0 (as the product name, Windows 7, would suggest :) ) from the beginning? I would really expect it to be 7.0 in the final version (7.0.7200 maybe?), but why not in Beta/RC?

Pete
That is to keep driver functionality the same in 7 as it is in Vista. Most drivers look at the first number in the OS revision to determine if it's compatible. If the driver is written for OS revision 6.x, it should work (as long as the structure of the OS is the same) in any revision of 6.x (6.1, 6.2, etc). M$ kept Win 7 as version 6.1 so that manufacturers wouldn't have to write new drivers for Win 7. If hey released win 7 as version 7.0 most drivers would have to be worked over. That's why they're saying that basically anything that works in Vista should work in 7. Some drivers are written down to the revision level, but AFAIK most are written for the major release level.

That is an oversimplified explanation, but hopefully that gives you an idea.

If the driver is written for OS revision 6.x, it should work (as long as the structure of the OS is the same) in any revision of 6.x (6.1, 6.2, etc). M$ kept Win 7 as version 6.1 so that manufacturers wouldn't have to write new drivers for Win 7.

That makes sense, wonder why I didn't think of it ;) Anyway, hope the compatibility mode will work well for driver installation - as I doubt all the drivers will be ready for Windows 7.0 at launch time and at the same time there will be no reason why they shouldn't work - there wasn't any major change in the kernel.

Have a good weekend my fellow betatesters :)
Pete

Dunno if you know about this but there is a leak out there....

Here to be exact :
Link Removed - Not Found

Downloaded and installed and works just fine. If you cant upgrade from a pre-RC to the RC there is a guide on the same link.

xpcompatbility.jpg

Did anyone else get a boner when they saw the XP mode?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Will one be able to update from Build 7000 to the new build, or will it require the download of a whole new client and a new install? I hope it's not the latter...

Back