Windows 7 recovery issues

Hi guys. I have been happily using windows 7 for the past month, until i came upon the unmountable_boot_volume blue screen of death. I would be able to fix it by running recovery, and doing chkdisk and fixboot. There is one problem, however. Every time i try running the recovery, I just go to the windows 7 background and a mouse. Nothing happens. I tried both with the recovery partition on the laptop, as well as a recovery disk hat I have. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! I have an HP G62-144Dx laptop.

Hi guys. I have been happily using windows 7 for the past month, until i came upon the unmountable_boot_volume blue screen of death. I would be able to fix it by running recovery, and doing chkdisk and fixboot. There is one problem, however. Every time i try running the recovery, I just go to the windows 7 background and a mouse. Nothing happens. I tried both with the recovery partition on the laptop, as well as a recovery disk hat I have. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! I have an HP G62-144Dx laptop.
It sounds as though you have a bad HDD. Can you boot from the DVD and run a CMD prompt to perform Chkdsk?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Is there anything about your system that may not be expected, like a dual boot or some other extra senarios, like a RAID?

You probably realize getting the message is not normal, but getting a Blue Screen with it is certainly not normal. Jessica D may have a point about your hard drive, but the messages you are seeing would not seem to be associated with a bad drive.

Do you know if you have the drive set in the bios to use an IDE or AHCI drivers?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.