Windows 7 Windows 7 recovery issues

stepan

Hi guys. I have been happily using windows 7 for the past month, until i came upon the unmountable_boot_volume blue screen of death. I would be able to fix it by running recovery, and doing chkdisk and fixboot. There is one problem, however. Every time i try running the recovery, I just go to the windows 7 background and a mouse. Nothing happens. I tried both with the recovery partition on the laptop, as well as a recovery disk hat I have. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! I have an HP G62-144Dx laptop.

Hi guys. I have been happily using windows 7 for the past month, until i came upon the unmountable_boot_volume blue screen of death. I would be able to fix it by running recovery, and doing chkdisk and fixboot. There is one problem, however. Every time i try running the recovery, I just go to the windows 7 background and a mouse. Nothing happens. I tried both with the recovery partition on the laptop, as well as a recovery disk hat I have. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! I have an HP G62-144Dx laptop.

It sounds as though you have a bad HDD. Can you boot from the DVD and run a CMD prompt to perform Chkdsk?

Is there anything about your system that may not be expected, like a dual boot or some other extra senarios, like a RAID?

You probably realize getting the message is not normal, but getting a Blue Screen with it is certainly not normal. Jessica D may have a point about your hard drive, but the messages you are seeing would not seem to be associated with a bad drive.

Do you know if you have the drive set in the bios to use an IDE or AHCI drivers?

Back