Windows 7 refuses to start up.

hello,I have a laptop with windows 7 that is just over a year old. I have never had any problems with it until this past week. I went on a vacation and had my laptop in a case for around 14 hours. When I got into my hotel room I started up my laptop and had the bluescreen display. I simply restarted it and everything seemed fine. I used my laptop regularly while away and it worked fine. I then took a 16 hour car drive home. Upon getting home my laptop once again went bluescreen. I decided just to restart it again thinking it was no big deal. The toshiba screen pops up as usual and then I am taken to a black screen with a white underscore blinking in the top left corner. I then hear a click from inside the laptop and the screen goes blank. The laptop stays on and I can hear the fans working on the inside, however, nothing is displayed. I have triedrestarting it multiple times and received the same results.Any help is appreciated.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
The cursor you describe usually means the system is not able to find a bootable system. The clicking might indicate a failed or failing hard drive.

Do you have a recovery CD or an Install DVD or can you boot to the F8 options during boot so as to be able to select "Repair your computer"?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.