Windows 7 RTM available on TechNet!

sm0ke42o

For some reason I was not holding my breath that the RTM would be up today. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and found that indeed it was there. I know the final build has been on torrent sites for weeks now but there is something about it being official that makes a huge difference to me. Anyway so there it is, RTM is up on TechNet and I assume MSDN as promised. :D

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Yea my transfer is literally crawling. Averaging around 20-50 kb/s. At this rate I will be installing in 26 hours... :mad:

Yea my transfer is literally crawling. Averaging around 20-50 kb/s. At this rate I will be installing in 26 hours... :mad:

maybe it will pick back up when some finish, but I suspect as others join in it may get even worse. I'm amazed as usual that they don't see problem this ahead of time.

We are getting it right now, but we can only d/l at 30KB/s.

Technet must be getting hammered right now.

Well any guesses about how long it will take to leak to torrent sites? The Levano key sure leaked fast.
Joe

As a TechNet Plus subscriber, you have the advantage of being among the first in the world with access to Windows 7 RTM.

Download your copy of Windows 7 RTM and start evaluating today!

With Windows 7 fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it’s a great choice for home and for business.

Visit the Windows Springboard portal full of the latest resources for Windows 7 including resources for application compatibility, networking, performance and hardware compatibility, and more.

Sign up for the Windows Springboard newsletter and stay up to date on the latest resources available for Windows 7.
You got it!

Wow guys... I am about to blow your mind.

1. Go to your technet downloads section. (where it lists everything out)
2. Click on "Top downloads" at the top navigation toolbar
3. There will be a list of downloads there. Click on the Windows 7 download of your choice
4. You will be prompted to install a java plugin called Akamai Download Manager. Do so.
5. Allow the popup if needed and enjoy much faster download speeds. I'm sitting at around 380 kb/s
6. Cancel that crappy 50kb/s transfer :D

:cool:

Curious

How much is a Technet Subscription ?

I might just want to buy in

gws

If you decide to get a subscription there are two promo codes that are known to be working right now.

TMSAM04
&
TEYFY09

Both get you $90 off a subscription, bringing the total to approx $270 after tax.

Wow guys... I am about to blow your mind.

1. Go to your technet downloads section. (where it lists everything out)
2. Click on "Top downloads" at the top navigation toolbar
3. There will be a list of downloads there. Click on the Windows 7 download of your choice
4. You will be prompted to install a java plugin called Akamai Download Manager. Do so.
5. Allow the popup if needed and enjoy much faster download speeds. I'm sitting at around 380 kb/s
6. Cancel that crappy 50kb/s transfer :D

:cool:

Thanks and for some reason today the X86 and X64 Ultimate versions are greyed out in my OS/Win7.

Back
Top Bottom