Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta Leaks Online

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
A beta version of Microsoft's upcoming Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 appeared on Torrent sites online, bearing a build date of March 27.
Ahead of an expected official company announcement, a build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) surfaced online on a selection of Torrent sites, along with screenshots of the upgrade. Based on information gathered from screenshots, the build date is March 27 and the build string is "build 6.1.7601.16537.amd64fre.win7.100327-0053." A writer for the technology blog GeekSmack posted screenshots of the installation process and his experience with the download, describing the installation process as "much faster than the install process for service packs on Vista."
Windows 7 has so far been a much more successful launch than the much-derided Vista OS. According to recent figures from Web analytics firm Net Applications, the operating system now accounts for one in 10 computers accessing the Internet, representing 10 percent of the market share. Vista, by comparison, took 16 months to reach the same point after its release. However, the firm also noted Windows' overall market share dipped half a percentage point from February, down to a 91.6 percent market share.

I can't really see the point of getting this early as it's mostly a collection of the 7 updates up to the present. Most of these many should have anyway so unless SP1 contains something of uber importance it's probably best to wait for the real deal..

If you do decide to download and install it, a word of caution. After several unsuccessful attempts, the solution is to use MSCONFIG to disable all non-M$ services and all 3rd party apps loading at boot. Once rebooted and installed, you can turn all of these back on. It seems, at least with the beta, that it interacts with non-M$ stuff and won't completely install.

Yes good post busydog :) I will not be installing the Service Pack for now . I merely reported it was out there in Beta . Just because it is out there does not mean it is a good idea to rush into installing it .

Back
Top Bottom