Windows 7 Windows 7 Software Raid - I REALLY need help...

cypres0099

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and the thing that brought me here really sucks. I'm typing this right before I have to leave for school, so it's going to be short and sweet. Please ask any questions to fill in the holes.

Here's the problem...

I'm running Win 7 64-bit and I've been running a raid 3 or 5 (can't remember) array for several years now with no problems. They are 3 750g WD hard drives. A little while back one of the drives went bad. I replaced the drive and went into the bios raid setup menu and hit "repair" on the raid array, then exit and the computer restarted. After it booted up, I accidentally unplugged one of the old drives that it was presumably rebuilding from. After I did that, I plugged it back in but the array was no longer found in my computer or disk manager. Even when I unplug the new drive so it's just the two old drives. When all three hard drives are plugged in and I go into the bios raid setup, it now sees 2 different arrays. One of them is the new drive and one of the old drives and the other is just one of the old drives.

Side note: In the process of trying to fix it, I hooked all three drives up to my server 2008 computer by unhooking a raid 5 array with 5 1tb disks. That didn't help. And now my 3.6tb raid array is showing up as an unallocated uninitiallized disk. There is no option to reactivate. So now I might have lost everything on there too...

I am really stuck here. This array had all my photography on it including about a dozen weddings (for which I have jpeg backups, but it's just not the same). I would really hate to lose all of it.

You have no idea how much I would appreciate the help.

Back