Windows 7 Windows 7 Speech Recognition Headsets that work?

Tracie

Hi all

I am new to this but I have spent the past day trying to find a reliable headset to use with speech recognition and before I plunge on an expensive set .... has anyone here got any suggestions on what to choose? I would prefer to have suggestions from people who use speech recognition in Windows 7 and have found a headset that works well for voice to text.

My gaming/chat headset just doesn't cut it as far as voice recognition and I have read conflicting reviews of headsets.

Thanks

My moms friend is a Quadriplegia and this is the headset he used its not cheap but works extremly good it does not even have a earpiece it is just a microphone Link Removed due to 404 Error make sure you read the note about sound cards as this headset has issues with some soundcards. Another good choice would be this Link Removed due to 404 Error or any other talkpro headset they are all pretty good. Also the built in Speech Recognition software for Windows is ok but not great you might want to get a standalone program like dragon but they can get very expensive.

My moms friend is a Quadriplegia and this is the headset he used its not cheap but works extremly good it does not even have a earpiece it is just a microphone Link Removed due to 404 Error make sure you read the note about sound cards as this headset has issues with some soundcards. Another good choice would be this Link Removed due to 404 Error or any other talkpro headset they are all pretty good. Also the built in Speech Recognition software for Windows is ok but not great you might want to get a standalone program like dragon but they can get very expensive.

Thanks Krypto for the info.

I was looking at VXI talkpro but checked windows7 product support pages to see which headsets were compatible with windows 7 first. I didn't want to purchase something online in case there was a problem with the headset. I ended up going shopping and searching for headsets which had "speech recognition" on the packaging. I also check various product review sites before heading out shopping. I was lucky that my main PC that I brought 3 years ago and got built to handle multimedia had HD audio so that whatever headset I chose would have few issues. I settled on Logitech ClearChat USB and after a little bit of use windows 7 speech recognition has few problems with my Aussie accent lol

I don't see the need for a stand alone program for my main PC but may need one for my old laptop that is too old for windows 7. In the future I see that voice commanding and speech recognition will be used more widely as is the way of the future. They simultate this in movies set in the future and it will eventually become a reality.

Thanks again for your help :)

Thanks Krypto for the info.

I was looking at VXI talkpro but checked windows7 product support pages to see which headsets were compatible with windows 7 first. I didn't want to purchase something online in case there was a problem with the headset. I ended up going shopping and searching for headsets which had "speech recognition" on the packaging. I also check various product review sites before heading out shopping. I was lucky that my main PC that I brought 3 years ago and got built to handle multimedia had HD audio so that whatever headset I chose would have few issues. I settled on Logitech ClearChat USB and after a little bit of use windows 7 speech recognition has few problems with my Aussie accent lol

I don't see the need for a stand alone program for my main PC but may need one for my old laptop that is too old for windows 7. In the future I see that voice commanding and speech recognition will be used more widely as is the way of the future. They simultate this in movies set in the future and it will eventually become a reality.

Thanks again for your help :)

Glad to hear you found a headset that is working good.

Back