Windows 7 Windows 7 stuck in a loop

zaknifein

Hey guys! I have a problem with windows 7 clean install
I had windows XP and I mounted Windows 7 iso onto my J drive with poweriso. I tried to install it but after i chose "home network" it told me that there was no disk in harddrive\dr1 or something. I pressed try again 3 times and took me to a screen that said "welcome," but then led to "shutting down." I've also tried cancel and continue, same result
Every time i turn on my computer now, I'm greeted with the HP load screen, then the black screen with a blinking cursor, then back to the HP load screen. My computer does this in a loop unless i reformat it with XP.... any suggestions on how to get windows 7 up and running?

Yes, it is a burnt install...
I've tried putting it on a flash drive too
And yes, it's a clean install.
I'm going to try redownloading and see if that works... Please post other suggestions here

after i chose "home network" it told me that there was no disk in harddrive\dr1 or something.
I am not really familiar with where you are talking about, but you are not talking about a boot from network or install from network type of question are you?

If this is the question that comes when the install is just about finished, Maybe you could try booting to the DVD and on the second window, select repair. Go to the Command prompt window and type the following and hit enter after each line.

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot

I do not know if this will work, but something to try.

Do you have an F12 key option during boot where you choose what you want to boot from?

ive already tried burning at lowest speed, and i verified the data.
by "after choosing home network" i mean the options the computer gives you when you're finalizing the setup
uhhhh and i just redownloaded it, i'm trying it again. using poweriso to burn

edit:
my boot menu is esc, and yes i can choose what i boot from. if i boot from disk, it just sends me back to the beginnings of the installation...

edit 2: just reformatted and tried it again, this time with a new cd and a fresh download... nothing
it still told me there was no disk in
harddrive1\dr1
harddrive2\dr2
harddrive3\dr3
harddrive4\dr4

and after that, it says welcome, which leads to a screen that says "shutting down" which starts the looping process

Last edited:
I am not really familiar with where you are talking about, but you are not talking about a boot from network or install from network type of question are you?

If this is the question that comes when the install is just about finished, Maybe you could try booting to the DVD and on the second window, select repair. Go to the Command prompt window and type the following and hit enter after each line.

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot

Do you have an F12 key option during boot where you choose what you want to boot from?

Oh my gosh you genius, its working LOL
I love you <3 but what exactly do those commands do?

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot

Nice call Saltgrass.. :)

Glad it is working, but still trying to understand why the problem occurred in the first place.

Anyway, the commands do basically what they say, alter the Master Boot Record and the Boot files to work with your system. Doing a Startup Repair may have done the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom