Windows 7 Windows 7 SUPER slow loadtime after RAM upgrade

Mahlon

I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3L motherboard and have been running 4 gigs (4 x 1GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4; 4-4-4-12; 2.1 volts) on it with no problems. Windows 7 runs great.

I decided to up the ante to 8 gigs RAM (4 x 2GB Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5; 5-5-5-18; 1.8 volts -- which is approved from Corsair's site), but now Windows takes about 20 minutes to load and once loaded, programs begin loading incredibly slowly -- so much so that I have to shut down because it is unusable.

Could any of you point me in the right direction about where the problem might lie? Is this a RAM voltage issue perhaps? I don't know where to start looking....

Thanks for your help!
Mahlon

Found this. Your mainboard may be set to 2.1v.

"go into the bios, hit ctrl+f1 at the main screen, then go to the MIT section and scroll towards the vbottom and set the voltage control to manual, then go to ddr2 overvoltage control and decrease the volts there from 2.1volts downwards in 0.1v increments until you get a better response" If it i set for 2.1, go straight for 1.8)

Thanks RAK. I'll try that when I get home tonight. I expect that you are right and the board is set for 2.1 volts. I don't remember setting that manually, but I do recall seeing that the voltage had been set to "manual" in the bios.

Could I set the voltage to "auto"? Would that accomplish the same thing as your plan above? Or should I just do it manually?

Thanks again,
Mahlon

Hey RAK,
I've looked in the bios under MIT, and the DDR2 overclock shows that I can only INCEASE the voltage in 0.1 increments. I don't see an area where it says what the voltage is set too, nor a way to decrease the numbers. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Mahlon

Ok. Got it working. I updated the bios and turned the voltage to "Auto". Seems to see all the RAM and W7 is booting normally.

Thanks again,
Mahlon

Back
Top Bottom