Windows 7 Windows 7 Task Bar "What is that?"

apollyon

Hello, I checked around the net and on here before deciding to post, if I missed the topic giving me my answer sorry to double post.

Here what I have I have installed Win 7 no real problem other than the task bar. I always have the task bar at the top of the screen, I have done this forever it is more of a cosmetic thing but in Win 7 there seems to be some kind of "layer" or filter that some times pops out from under the task bar. ( I have included a screen to cap to better explain.)

This only happen if the task bar it docked at the top or on the left side of the screen. It seems to pop up every time I restart my PC making me have to play with the task bar a little to get rid of it. ( By play I mean, unlock the task bar, put it at the bottom of the screen then drag it back to the top again and lock it.)

I know I might be the odd ball out or even the only person here that moves the darn thing but I thought I might as around and see what other can come up with. This was something I have had a problem with scene install.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Five choices
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. Download |MG| SIW (System Info) 2008.4.2.0
4. Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

You could try restating and choose Safe mode by hitting the F8 key, wait until Windows fully loads, the restart normally.

This sometimes sets the taskbar to it's default position which is on the bottom.

Now drag the taskbar to the top and see if the issue still exists.

Have you used Windows Update to install the latest drivers?

Other than that you may need an updated video driver.

Back