mrdjfinn

I have a computer running windows 7 that I purchased online (no windows disk). I get a message saying "This copy of windows is not genuine" Tried to activate in control panel. No good. Tried to activate with slui.exe 4 command. No go . Tried to make a repair disk but it doesn't do anything. When I try to do a backup it fails and says I have corrupted files on drive C. The computer sometimes freezes when booting but once running performs fine.I also purchased a windows 64 repair disk on line but that also doesn't work. I would like to get the computer running clean without losing all my data

Solution
It seems like you are facing quite a few challenges with your Windows 7 computer, particularly related to the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message and issues with activating the Windows license. Additionally, the presence of corrupted files on Drive C is causing trouble with your backups and repair attempts. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues and get your computer running smoothly without losing your data:

Steps to Resolve "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine" Issue:​

1. Check Windows Activation Status:
    • Go to the Start menu, right-click on "Computer," and select "Properties."
    • Look for the activation status of Windows. It should display whether Windows is activated or not.
It seems like you are facing quite a few challenges with your Windows 7 computer, particularly related to the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message and issues with activating the Windows license. Additionally, the presence of corrupted files on Drive C is causing trouble with your backups and repair attempts. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues and get your computer running smoothly without losing your data:

Steps to Resolve "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine" Issue:​

1. Check Windows Activation Status:
    • Go to the Start menu, right-click on "Computer," and select "Properties."
    • Look for the activation status of Windows. It should display whether Windows is activated or not.
    []Activation Troubleshooting:
    • Run the activation troubleshooter by going to Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Security > Activation.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot and activate Windows.
    [
    ]Run SFC (System File Checker) Tool:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter. This command checks and repairs corrupted system files.

Steps to Address Corrupted Files on Drive C:​

[]Check Disk Error:
    • Run a disk error check on Drive C to identify and fix any errors.
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type chkdsk C: /f /r and press Enter.
    • This command will scan and repair any corrupted files on Drive C.
    [
    ]Backup Data:
    • Before proceeding with any repairs, ensure you have a backup of your important data to prevent data loss.

Additional Steps:​

[]System Repair Disk:
    • Ensure that the Windows 7 repair disk you purchased online matches your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
    • Use the repair disk to boot into the System Recovery Options and attempt repairs or restore points.
    [
    ]Professional Assistance:
    • If you are unsure about performing these steps or encounter difficulties, consider seeking professional help to avoid any potential data loss. By following these steps, you can work towards resolving the activation issues, fixing corrupted files, and getting your Windows 7 system back to a stable state without losing your data. Let me know if you need further assistance with any of these steps.

Solution
Back