Windows 7 Windows 7 Updates Failing

zeroshero

I've tried numerous times to try and update Windows Updates (trying to update on a new computer: Lenovo Thinkpad T530) but every time I shut it off, it says it's updating and it looks like it's doing fine but when I turn it says it's configuring Windows updates and it always gets stuck at the 15% mark and then says Windows updates failed, reverting changes. The error is: Error code 80071A9 I've tried Microsofts Fixits and the readiness update and all that stuff but it doesn't help at all.

It's really bugging me now because this is the second or third time that my computer went to a black screen saying that it needs to check the disk (I can't remember the exact wording right now). It says the disk is fine every time but it still worries me to have this for the second/third time. Another annoying thing is that because it keeps trying to update Windows, it takes twice as long to startup/shutdown.

There was one update that came out a few weeks ago that caused this and the solution was to do each update at a time (restarting after each one). It was a pain in the you-know-what but it's how I got all updates installed. Try that out. If it doesn't help, get back to us.

Back
Top Bottom