Windows Vista Windows 7 upgrade.

philwhite

I have read somewhere (and will post the link when i find it) that Windows Ultimate OEM 64bit users like myself will qualify for the equivalent Windows 7 but there is no mention of any costs involved or time periods when i got my Vista Ultimate and this whole thing seems somewhat unclear at the moment anyway.

Phil.

for a free upgrade you would have had to purchase your computer with in the last couple of weeks until the when 7 is officially released. For a upgrade cost you can check any site for the price of an upgrade disk. According to newegg they want $219 for the ultimate upgrade and $319 for the full disk (imho way too much money). I don't know if the details are different in the UK.

for a free upgrade you would have had to purchase your computer with in the last couple of weeks until the when 7 is officially released. For a upgrade cost you can check any site for the price of an upgrade disk. According to newegg they want $219 for the ultimate upgrade and $319 for the full disk (imho way too much money). I don't know if the details are different in the UK.

I read an article recently that if you purchase a new computer you get a free Windows 7 Upgrade. It can be used for more than one computer.... I might be into Seven sooner than I thought--financially I mean****

7 is actually a very nice program. Kind of a split between the visual aspects of Vista but with the speed of XP.

Presumable it will be a normal upgrade disk which should be able to be used on any computer. I will be so happy to be done with the oem software and the 50gigs of bloatware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom