Windows 7 Windows 7 wake up problem

ekollman

I just purchased a new Windows 7 PC (HP Pavalion e9280t, Windows 7 64-bit operating system). I would like to put the PC into sleep mode after 1 hour of activity. However, after the PC goes to sleep, after I wake it up, whenever I attempt to open any program or application at that point, the PC just hangs (with the mouse in hourglass mode), and the program or application never opens. At that point, I am forced to do a hard power down of the PC and hard restart of it, which defeats the whole purpose of sleep mode.

In the advanced power settings, I tried both ways on the turn off hard drive option (trying both "Never" and turning off after one hour). Both times, the same problem occured. I tried hybrid sleep both on and off, and the same problem occured either way. I tried unplugging every USB device (except the keyboard, which is necessary to operate), the same problem still occured. The minimum processor state was set at 5% in all cases. I even went into system configuration and disabled all programs and services from starting at run-time except the Microsoft Windows programs and services. All to no avail.

Does anyone know of any way to solve this problem? Could there be a Microsoft Hot Fix, or some other type of fix, that could solve this problem?

Back