Windows 7 'Windows 7 will be vista but a lot better'

I just hope when the final build is released - whenever that may be ;) - that MS is a tad bit generous with the pricing considering Vista isn't exactly what most people would call "cheap"... and I for one don't really like the idea of shelling out another $200-$400 for another OS that some claim is "Vista - Done Right." But of course, that's just my opinion.

I just hope when the final build is released - whenever that may be ;) - that MS is a tad bit generous with the pricing considering Vista isn't exactly what most people would call "cheap"... and I for one don't really like the idea of shelling out another $200-$400 for another OS that some claim is "Vista - Done Right." But of course, that's just my opinion.

Hey! thats the same as MY opinion!! lol, you're very smart! For me, if someone said "its as great as XP, but looks like Vista", then i would certainly pay 200 bucks for it. maybe 300. na, no more than 250. What is great about XP, is that you can pretty much install any hardware and software. Vista, not so much. I've used Nero 6 on XP for 2 years, and when I got my laptap "Vista OS", Nero wasn't compatible, my camera wasn't compatible, actually, anything i plugged into it wasn't compatible. lol, Vista looks great, but it wasn't worth it. Lets just hope that Win/7 can run a simple program from time to time.

When I heard about Win7 Beta, I choose to go Beta Testing, and so far, I'm impressed. Looks Like Vista, Works Like XP.

Very Easy to navigate, most everything installs. I'm happy.

When I heard about Win7 Beta, I choose to go Beta Testing, and so far, I'm impressed. Looks Like Vista, Works Like XP.

Very Easy to navigate, most everything installs. I'm happy.

I still do not see how my Vista Premium can be the only perfect running Vista in use world wide. :D

Only problem I ever had with it was the same problem I had with XP: optimizing search, which I figured out was a bit different from XP to Vista.

Vista is a beautiful, fast OS, at least on this Toshiba Satellite; I will never cover it with Windows 7 or any other OS, although I do swap out hard drives to fool around with various Linux distributions and now Windows 7.

Windows 7 beta seems to be a bit "lighter" than Vista, comparitively.. maybe a bit faster, hard to tell (have not done any benchmarks, etc).

I'll buy Windows 7 but it'll be put on a spare hard drive; Vista stays (for as long as it's supported).

I still do not see how my Vista Premium can be the only broken OS in use amongst my computers.

Only thing I like about it is the problem I had with XP, the sound mixer. I want the ability to set sound levels per program via the OS in XP too.

Vista is an ugly, slow OS on my Toshiba Satellite, as soon as the warrantee is no longer valid I'll format it with a victory dance and joyish yells of laughter.

Windows 7 beta seems to be a proper version of Vista. Like how Microsoft intended Vista to be before they decided they knew better than us. It's MILES faster.

I'll buy Windows 7 (If priced normally), Vista gets chucked off (as soon as possible).

Also, sorry, I just HAD to do a negative version of your post as it's true. My Toshiba Satellite runs terribly under Vista. I honestly don't know why Toshiba even bothered with it, If I were them I would've just not made a Vista compatible laptop instead of this. Sadly I'm confined to it as Uni states a laptop is mandatory and I have a passion for Toshiba. =/
I'm glad to hear other people have less problems with Vista than I do. Makes me feel that Vista is loved somewhere, by someone, it'd be sad if EVERYONE hated it.

As soon as I opened the box, plugged in the machine and fired up the OS it set up by itself, took about 35 minutes, and did an update. It went online and ran an update (this was last April when I bought the Satellite A205-5809.

After that I downloaded and installed my favorite programs I'd been running on XP on my old PC.

Never, ever have I had a problem with this OS. Never. It's been 9 months of perfection.

All I do is run CCcleaner once a week, Auslogics Defrag right after that, and Windows Update the following Monday.

All this thing has in it is the Intel 945 graphics chip and the "core duo" cpu 1.8, but Vista Premium runs happily on it. No way will I replace this with Windows 7 (unless I have to some day due to Microsoft withdrawing support of Vista).

I don't know why others complain about Vista, or what their problems with it are, but I don't have any problems with it.

Windows 7 will be vista but a lot better

I've got a HP d5000t with Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 8g ram. It runs fine but I really hate the way they moved and renamed things. But it runs fine applications are fast. I do notice that when accessing some features of Vista it is slow to respond. I'm no expert but Windows 7 seems more like a stripped down version of Vista than something really new and different. As an example of changes what nitwit made the desktop icons where Computer and Network are the same and Control Panel looks like a notebook computer? What will the final release of Windows 7 look like after the marketing gurus and artsie types decide to add a few things?
Joe

I've got a HP d5000t with Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 8g ram. It runs fine but I really hate the way they moved and renamed things. But it runs fine applications are fast. I do notice that when accessing some features of Vista it is slow to respond. I'm no expert but Windows 7 seems more like a stripped down version of Vista than something really new and different. As an example of changes what nitwit made the desktop icons where Computer and Network are the same and Control Panel looks like a notebook computer? What will the final release of Windows 7 look like after the marketing gurus and artsie types decide to add a few things?
Joe
Windows 7 has everything Vista has and more... I don't know what you've been seeing.

Windows 7 has everything Vista has and more... I don't know what you've been seeing.

I think win/7 has all that vista does, its just arranged different. Thats a good thing. That could mean that MS managed to make things easier with win/7. Its no secret that vista has a lot off problems, and lord knows it took me awile to get used to it, but after messing with win/7 for a couple of days, i'm actually impressed!! it looks great, its fast, easier to move files around than vista is. i believe when its done and on the market, it will be a serious contending OS. I have a good feeling about it.

needs to be less like vista

so far i think windows 7 is great. but i don't like the look of vista it needs to be more basic.

I love my Vista

My home premium is running almost every program so I will stick to it. If it is not broke do not fix it!!

so far i think windows 7 is great. but i don't like the look of vista it needs to be more basic.

I'm sorry but what do you even mean by this? More basic? Isn't the overall point of new OS's to move on and evolve into something greater than the previous version.. making it more basic would seem like a step backwards wouldn't it? ;) If you want it to LOOK more basic just mess around with the visual settings and make everything look like the "classic" windows... ;)

DOS was fun for sure.. but as with everything, there comes a time to move on... hahaha and I think we've reached that point with DOS.. ;)

i read somewhere that something was missing from the beta 7000. somebody at microsoft said there is a "diamond in the rough" wriiten in the code but it was not discoverable yet. anybody else heard this or know what is not in the beta?

I also heard there was at least one more feature (maybe more) that wasn't going to be revealed until the RTM... ;) For the life of me I can't think of what it/they could be though... I can only assume it's something good as MS hasn't disappointed me yet with Windows 7.. :) I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.....

Back