windows 7 will not accept network passkey

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post. I have looked around for a few hours and have yet to find anything dealing with this issue. I thought I had read a thread a couple of weeks ago dealing with the password/key not being accepted by windows 7 but cannot find it anywhere.

Anyway. I have my network setup as follows:

Vista PC connected to a Belkin N+ router and a dual booting XP/Windows 7 PC connecting via Linksys WUSB600N wireless adapter. Works fine on XP but Windows 7 will not connect because it thinks my passkey is invalid,wrong, etc. My wireless security is WPA 2 personal. I can connect without security turned on but would rather not. If anyone can direct me to the thread dealing with this or has a possible explanation and or fix then please, please let me know. Thanks so much for your time. Oh yes. I switched the wireless security to WEP and everything worked for a bit but then my connection started to drop alot so switched back and then back again to WEP with no luck. thanks!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.