Windows 7 Windows 7 will not install

plumberman

I purchased Windows 7 in three forms an ISO, 7 Professional and Ultimate. I tryed to install all three on an HP Media center. None of these would install.. it would set up to the point of restart and then nothing but a blank screen. In the past three weeks as I tryed each of these options I kept calling Microsoft and getting different "fixes" hence the three purchases.
On my final attempt with the Ultimate I again was on the phone with Microsoft it is 1 am we have been attempting this install on a brand new harddrive and still it will not restart. While talking to the Rep she asked me about my system while talking I tiold her I really liked the Media Center because with my HD tv I can switch bettween my Pc and Tv. She immediately said "OH MY I KNOW WHATS WRONG" . She wanted to know if I still had the origional monitor, I said no, she then asked me to find a regular monitor hook it to the computer and restart the install. It will then work fine. Thinking this is ABSURD and she just was tyred of our 4 hr call. I agreed to try it and call again.
Borrowing and old "honking" monitor I plugged it in and started the install process. I would not have believed it if I was not watching it. IT COMPLETELY INSTALLED!!!
For some reason Windows 7 will not work with the PC input of a HD televison.
So if you are having problems and using a TV it might be the problem. I have since had to buy a monitor and my poor 30 inch HD is now in the corner but my Windows 7 WORKS!!!:razz:

Borrowing and old "honking" monitor I plugged it in and started the install process. I would not have believed it if I was not watching it. IT COMPLETELY INSTALLED!!!
For some reason Windows 7 will not work with the PC input of a HD televison.
So if you are having problems and using a TV it might be the problem. I have since had to buy a monitor and my poor 30 inch HD is now in the corner but my Windows 7 WORKS!!!

For some reason Windows 7 will not work with the PC input of a HD televison. So if you are having problems and using a TV it might be the problem.

Thank you for this info. :)

Back