Windows 7 with XP mode not recognizing USB 2.0 port.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by garlicknots, Jun 24, 2010.

1. garlicknots

garlicknots New Member

Hello,

We would like to get our Panini Vision X check scanner working in XP mode inside Windows 7. Unfortunately as I begin the installation for the check scanner in XP mode I get the error in picture #1. The error is that a USB 2.0 port is not found so the installation will not continue. Obviously I have a usb 2.0 port on my computer but XP mode is not recognizing it.

The device manager in XP mode is picture #2. And finally the device manager in Windows 7 is picture #3.

Pictures attached. 03. 6.23.10.Device.Manager.Windows7.

I have downloaded and installed all the current updates for XP mode from the MSFT site.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. garlicknots

garlicknots New Member

Hello,

We would like to get our Panini Vision X check scanner working in XP mode inside Windows 7. Unfortunately as I begin the installation for the check scanner in XP mode I get the error in picture #1. The error is that a USB 2.0 port is not found so the installation will not continue. Obviously I have a usb 2.0 port on my computer but XP mode is not recognizing it.

The device manager in XP mode is picture #2. And finally the device manager in Windows 7 is picture #3.

Pictures attached.

I have downloaded and installed all the current updates for XP mode from the MSFT site.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

3. Agent Data

Agent Data Banned

there can be usb compatibility issues (in XP-mode) all depending on how old your hardware is. See what the scanner manufacturer says..

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

The virtual USB in XP mode is standard 1.1, not 2.0.

Suggestions:

1. You can try to install a standard driver for your scanner (right-click the device -> install driver -> do not search, select from the list of standard drivers).

2. Wait for Microsoft updates for XP Mode to add support for USB 2.0.

3. Use (freeware) Virtual Box which supports passing through USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices to virtual machines.

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

I run my HP scanner using the XP drivers for it. I can install and run in XP compatibility mode and it seems to work fine. I cannot, however, run it in my x64 install since the drivers will not work for that.

Otherwise, I found the following at this Microsoft Site. Are all of your USB ports the 2.0 version? I have never done this, so I do not know if it really works.