Windows 7 Windows 7 Won't Boot

ct09beckettp

Okay, when the official Windows 7 RC came out, I wanted to try it, but I wasn't sure how things would work so I kept my original XP and put Windows 7 on a second partition on the hard disk. After trying windows 7 I decided I liked it, and after transfering my files I decided I didn't need windows xp anymore, so I deleted that partition, but after that, every time I tried to boot I would get the message "ntldr is missing" and it wouldn't boot. So I copied all my files to a second computer, and from there installed windows 7 again, and now with windows 7 taking up the whole drive, my computer won't even boot to it. I don't have a dvd burner, so each time I installed windows 7 i just extracted the contents of the dvd iso to the drive and ran the "setup.exe" and it installed fine... but now it seems that the only way I can boot to the drive is if I have it in a computer running windows xp. How can I fix this problem? I would like to run Windows 7, and JUST Windows 7, but my computer doesn't seem to want to let me. I read that windows 7 doesn't use NTLDR to boot so could that be the problem?

Hello and welcome to the Windows7 Forums,

How exactly did you go about "deleting" the XP partition.

Did you install Windows 7 to a newly formatted partition?

Sounds like you screwed up the Bootmanager.

You can't just copy files that will not work.

Try hitting the F8 key on startup to access the screen where it says Repair my computer an give that a try.

Back