Windows 7 Windows 7 won't shutdown

DeVille

Hello!

I'm having this problem. Often, when I press the shutdown button, computer runs on:eek:. There's no signal from graphics card, because monitor goes blank. But sometimes computer does shutdown (rarely). Does anyone know what's wrong?:confused:

Hello!

I'm having this problem. Often, when I press the shutdown button, computer runs on:eek:. There's no signal from graphics card, because monitor goes blank. But sometimes computer does shutdown (rarely). Does anyone know what's wrong?:confused:
Hi Deville,
if you look at the screenshot, you'll see the choices that can be found under power options, via the control panel. If thats no help, try restoring the os to a earlier time using 'System Restore'.

You might need to update your chipset drivers. After you installed Windows 7, did you update the chipset drivers?

Hi, firstly thank you for your replies.

I have updated my chipset drivers, but there's no change. Power plan is set as it's shown on the picture. I'll try with System Restor.

Any other suggestions?

Two questions..
How fast did you burn the 7 iso?
Did you 'upgrade' or do a 'fresh install'?

This -sounds- similar to the problem I'm having, tho it's hard to tell with so many shutdown problems :)

In my case when I choose 'shutdown' from the menu, windows shuts down normally, which takes a little time, then screen goes black (no signal), and the pc keeps running :D
Only after minutes the machine suddenly shuts down.

No idea how to solve it, it's -weird-

Also, choosing reboot from the menu does not have the same issue.

I turned off all the sleep/hibernate options as far as I could find them, even some console command with -h to disable stuff.
(Did that in advance, never liked sleep :) ).

This is on retail home premium.

Think I'm gonna have to do a clean install on a different drive/partition, see if it's any software/drivers I installed or not :)

Back