Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 Build 7201 folder option error

mrlopez8

Hi all,

I installed Windows 7 x64 Build 7201 and after setting the folder options I could reboot the PC but I couldn't get Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer to work. If I click on the icons for either program the desktop will remain the same. If I continue to click on either program the desktop will go white and will fail to work, however games and other programs will work as long as you don't try to start Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer first.

After starting over with a re-installation of Windows 7 I started setting the folder options one at a time.
When I put a check in the "Restore previous folder windows at login" box The problem begins. With this option if you reboot while a instance of Windows Explorer is running, the same Windows Explorer starts after windows restarts.

This folder option is broken. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't remember seeing this folder option in previous Builds of Windows 7.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit (Ultimate). I don't know my build number. I use the feature "Restore Previous Folder Windows at login". The window Explorer comes back up when I reboot. However, unlike WindowsXP, the window(s) come up at a different location and different size.

This is frustrating to me. I have a computer that I run lots of "test" software. I like to have 3-different Windows Explorer running at the same time. I have them at a specific size and location on my monitor for a reason. But like I explained earlier, at each boot up, everything is messed up.

Why can't this get fixed? Any ideas?

Back